Eerohuana's First Grow - Multi Strain - 2/2011

Eerohuana

Whats up all, glad to be here. Well, I finally got it going.

Strain: 3 Vanilla Kush Fem. and 1 Afrodite, Power Skunk, Kannabia Special, La Blanca, and Big Band.

Setup: 5'-5'-7' Jardin Darkroom, 2 dimmable 600 watt mh/hps Air cooled lights, and one 454cfm. 6" vortex exhaust fan. As for now I will use a passive intake. As for now the flow of air goes intake>light>light>fan>(filter,which I haven't put up yet.) Do I need to keep my filter up high in the room with the rest of the exhaust system, and if so how can I do this securely, it's really heavy.

Soil/Hydro: Soil, Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I think I'm going to do 75% FF 25% Perlite.

Nutrients: Fox Farms Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.

Temp: Kept at around 80 first week, now 75.

Humidity: No control yet, but would like to keep it between 40-80% obviously. I will be purchasing the C.A.P. 2 temp/hum climate controller.

Pests: None yet.

2/25/2011 Nine seeds were placed in 2in. rockwool starter cubes.

2/28/2011 Eight have popped and have been kept under and moved progressively closer to a 24 watt. t5. I have dipped them daily in p.h. 5.5 water weighing the cubes and trying not to let them get below 60% saturation weight. No nutes yet.

3/9/2001
100_01532.JPG

100_01524.JPG

Before I begin with my Power Skunk seedling, let me mention it sprouted backwards and as careful as I was with the tweezers I know I put it through an enormous amount of stress flipping it and trying to position it in the cube securely. Anyways, it was doing fine (maybe a little slower growing then the others) until a light adjustment and now this has happened:
100_01544.JPG

100_01502.JPG

I tried pulling it way away from the light thinking that was the problem and also moved it to the coolest part of the tent. Nevertheless, it has continued to fold and now the leaves touch. Only one of the cotyledons looks a little burned. Any ideas?

Here is my exhaust fan:
100_01474.JPG

Will adding ducting to the other side of the fan make it more efficient?
Here are my lights:
100_01493.JPG

100_01482.JPG

If you can't tell, they aren't quite even. I don't know if it's the yo-yo's or not, but two of them seem not to be able to lock at just any position, so to try and make them as even as possible they aren't exactly hanging straight up and down. / <--little dramatic. Is this o.k. or common? Should I go through the pain in the ass of returning them, use as is, or just buy some chains?

Ahh my exhaust. I was told in another thread that in order to cool my room and lights in the humid hot Michigan summers I would need something 750cfm+. So I'm going to need to add to my 454cfm. What should I do, what would be most efficient? I'm going to add co2 in the future so I'm thinking I should vent my lights separately. Should I just get another exhaust fan (maybe a little smaller) and use that one to vent the environment and the stronger one for the lights? Also after talking to the guy at a hydro store his opinion was I should keep my lights in a straight shot with the ducting. In other words, at the top of the tent where I wouldn't be able to lower them. Is their a reason people don't typically leave their lights stationary and build/use things to move the plant closer to the light? Is keeping the lights in a straight shot with the fan really going to make that big of a difference?

How should I got about introducing my plants to HID with dimmable ballasts? Are my ballasts safe on the floor, with no fear of floods or carelessness?

When using passive intake do you guys manually replace the cover and duct tape the outside of it every night for the dark period during flowering?

Is it really o.k. when transplanting rockwool cubes to soil to bury up to the first cotyledons?

My brain is scattered now, I think that was everything and all of my concerns thus far.

Off to smoke this amazing White Russian, will post a pic soon.:roorrip:

HI Eerohuana

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom