Epsom Salt

judemon

Hello, id like peoples variation in opinion in the best way to give cannabis epsom salt. How much in amount and how often? only needed if there's a problem? i feel like fertilizers in general are a touchy subject so im interested in other peoples opinions on the salt. maybe apply someones method to my own:thumb:

Re: Epsom Salt.

:welcome: to 420! I used it once to flush soil that had to much nutrients added to the soil.

I used a cup of ep salts added to a 6 gallon bucket of 70 degree water.

I had to do this 5 times (5 cups & 30 gallons), poured the water until it came out clear.

plant recovered quickly w/ no more problems.

i always feel like im going to drowned her using that much water. 6 buckets sound like way too much. i guess it depends on what your growing in to. im using soil so i dont like for it to stay moist for too long. its in an average size pot id say about a gallon. so i water at about 10% run off. you think more would hurt? it doesnt seem to to act like its thirsty. no droop of leaves.
20140206_082155.jpg
20140206_082139.jpg

Im a total fan of epsom.
Used it at each feeding.
At 2ml per litre of water. There were no complaints.
Im gonna start bathing in that stuff too...
When in doubt, trust kingjohnc !

I use it religiouly on outdoor grows. On top of all of its other benefits I like to put a ring of the straight crystals around my plants. It helps keeping critters and crawling insects at bay.

That was a great response upthe holler, how quickly will rainfall wash it away?
Or perhaps it turns into a hard crystal structure and resists dissolving?

it just dissolves into the soil after a couple of rains And i reapply it 2-3 times a years just a little handful around each plant. I think that rabbits, squirrels ,etc. don't like it on their feet or the smell I'm not sure. But I apply it to about 10 acres of melons , tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers I mean really everything and it definitely helps. It also makes the skin on melons tougher. As a straight out of the bag application on the ground I have watched insects crawling .... run into it and try to find a way around it! I swear by the stuff

so nifty how ingenious and creative marijuana growers can be. never would of thought to use it to protect vegetables let alone mary. Great job :bravo: :cheer: :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom