Essential oil for pest control?

BrokrnEyes

So yay my seed wasn't a dud! Yesterday we had noticed the seed move up in the gross sponge of the aero garden and today we found a little seedling sitting in the pod. Just checked too and we can see the first set of true leaves already on the already inch tall seedling!

Anyway, working to increase the humidity of the Cabinate (currently at 30%) and my partner in this suggested a essential oil diffuser, show me the one who is gf got him. It puts out a constant light fog of mist for about 3 hours and for the grow doace may do the trick but a thought occurred to me, is anyone ever played with using essential oils to keep pests and fungus away from their plants? I mean in the same application as what my friend is suggesting in using it to humidify the air. Is anyone ever experimented with essential oils and cannabis in general?

Yeah though we have the diffuser now Sharon to give her a try today to see how well it does with adding humidity to the air. The grove area is only 24" x 24" x 36" so it's not exactly a huge space Plus a dish of boiling water manage to shoot the humidity up to 42%, so it's not like I need a huge device. Will post results.

If you have a look on ebay there's tons of different small portable humidifiers that would do the just perfectly some even have Rh% gauges to adjust the %

Results:
A single essential oil water atomizer can increase the relative humidity of the 24" x 24" x 36" grow cabinet equipped with a single 30 W aero garden LED grow lamp and moving fan:
RH: 60% humidity
Temperature: 73°F

I've turned the heating pad on to increase the temp into the 80s so I'll post that info in a few hours. The atomizer has enough capacity for about 3 hours and was a little under $20 on Amazon prime. Don't know if I'll add oil, want to do a little bit more research to see if essential oils has any sort of impact on a growing cannabis plant (although if I do find that it's beneficial, and not just for keeping pests away, I'll deathly give it a try).

Update:
67% relative humidity at 81°F. This is with:
1 Heating pad
1 AG 30 W LED grow lamp
1 rotating fan
1 essential oil atomizer

All in a 24" x 24" x 36" grow cabinet constructed out of chloroplast.

Obviously there are purpose made humidifiers and what not but there is something to be said about being able to use the equipment for other applications between grows.

Back
Top Bottom