Do you think an essential oil diffuser would affect flowering plants?

The123321

I am in a small apartment. I have an essential oil diffuser I user near my apartment door to try to keep the smell from me smoking bud to where you are not able to smell it outside the apartment. The diffuser is by the door and the tent is on the different end of the apartment in the closet in the bedroom like 30-40 feet away with a wall or two between but the ac unit return vent is right near the diffuser so I assume the essential oil is in the air that goes into the intake of the tent.

Do you think the essential oil in the air would affect the flowering plants by making it smell or taste bad or different or do you think the drops of essential oil in the diffuser is not enough to change it? Like if I can smell it in the room the tent is in do you think that would affect the plants? Does anyone else use an essential oil diffuser anywhere near a tent?

i would put a towel under the door to keep the air from going outside. not sure about the oil defuser

Hey 123,

saw your post last week and wanted to reply but my account here was locked & I couldn’t log in.

Anyway I’m not a pro, strictly my opinion... with zero science to back it up but yes anything that emits a strong or unique odor that is near your grow can impact the taste of the final product.

Open up all those bottles of liquid nutes, fish ferts and take a huge whiff, do the same for all your soils and dry amendments etc. As far as I can tell NO it’s not a direct 1 to 1 scent transfer and I can’t tell you how to solve it- but yes anything from soil, air, water or nutes can play a role.

During a grow I had outbreak of fungus gnats. I had read somewhere that cinnamon could be used on them short term as a deterrent while I waited for my Neem order to arrive. I misted top of soil with water and crop dusted the pests with cinnamon. I did this for about a week or two and yes sir later at harvest I clearly noticed that bud had the cleanest antiseptic scent from cinnamon mixed in with all the other earthy and floral notes in the final bouquet. It was some stellar produce especially the low and slow dried version! The scent wasn’t as noticeable 5 months out - but to be fair I had been puffing that same harvest so my sense of taste & smell were not as sharp then.

I don’t know if an oil diffuser will be noticeable in final product but that might depend on how tight the building is, location of the tent & airflow inside the structure etc. IDK maybe grow other herbs in a couple of 4 inch pots and rotate them near the door like mint, sage, lavender to off set your real hidden garden..... you will figure it out tho. Hope it helps & good luck to ya.

Thanks. I had read about the ona and was worried. I try to run the essential oil diffuser when I feel like it would help with a smell on there.

Back
Top Bottom