Do any of you use ona gel for odor?

The123321

I am in an apartment with a small tent in the closet in the bedroom. I have a 6" fan with filter on it with passive intake. I try to open the tent as little as possible. The tent would likely only have 2 flowering plants in it at a time. I think the fan with filter would be enough for when the tent is not open but when I open the tent to work on the plants or harvest the plants I want to neutralize the smell in the bedroom and make it to where you do not smell it outside the apartment. With only 2 flowering plants in the tent do you think that is something I need or would the filter be enough for it on there?

If you use ona gel how far away from the tent is ok? I have heard that you do not want the ona gel near the plants but what about a few feet away in the room the tent is in? I do not want to ruin the bud so want to make sure before I try that on there.

I am in an apartment with a small tent in the closet in the bedroom. I have a 6" fan with filter on it with passive intake. I try to open the tent as little as possible. The tent would likely only have 2 flowering plants in it at a time. I think the fan with filter would be enough for when the tent is not open but when I open the tent to work on the plants or harvest the plants I want to neutralize the smell in the bedroom and make it to where you do not smell it outside the apartment. With only 2 flowering plants in the tent do you think that is something I need or would the filter be enough for it on there?

If you use ona gel how far away from the tent is ok? I have heard that you do not want the ona gel near the plants but what about a few feet away in the room the tent is in? I do not want to ruin the bud so want to make sure before I try that on there.
What size filter? I have a 20”, but had to buy a 6” in-line booster fan for it to really knock out the smell in flower, but I have 5 plants. I have a turbine style pulling at the far end and the inline is where the black strap is.
65B63BB6-97D8-4580-91B8-3FCC190CDD25.jpeg
C3DF874B-1762-40D2-84FB-620C0C966168.jpeg
EF1AE8FC-D1AB-4F02-B4D5-67B918C6D339.jpeg

Thanks. I like how organized your tent is. The tent is only 32x32 and I have the ac infinity s6 6" fan with the ac infininity 6" carbon filter in the tent. I read that the 4" would have probably been enough for the tent but I wanted the extra power and bigger filter. I am on day 35 and have been able to run the fan on the first level to keep the temperature around 80 in the tent and the only thing I smell outside the tent when it is closed is the carbon filtered fresh smell. I may be a little over prepared but I want to have the ona gel for later in flowering when I open the tent up to do lst and when I harvest the plants and trim on there.

I personally haven’t heard of it. I live in a legal state so it’s not a big deal... I set mine up out of respect for the neighbors and guest that might not like the smell.

Just a heads up, try bringing your temp down to 75F if possible, unless you don’t have IR or UV in your lights. You would want to run hotter if you are using Blue/Red only LEDs

Conclusion from a study I read...

“There is a prevailing consensus that 75 °F is the ideal ambient temperature to grow Cannabis under HPS lighting without CO2 supplementation. This experimental result indicates that an 84 °F ambient air temperature is required to achieve the same optimal leaf surface temperatures when using plant-optimized LED lighting-- and that a 75 °F ambient air temperature with LED lighting would not achieve optimal leaf surface temperatures, slowing metabolic rates and leaf and flower production.”

Sorry, not trying to side rail the question, but just wanted to point that out. 80F is not optimal when using full spectrum.

Here’s what I found on it....

D7E7F0B1-8F2C-4326-89E7-E6D8F909C4C1.jpeg

It seems to have great reviews.

I used ona for a brief period when I first started growing in space buckets because there are not a lot of options for carbon that small. Anyways, it works. It seemed to take more of it than I expected and it didn't last very long, but it did work. I used the regular blue one, haven't tried the apple one.

You want to use them near points of contact not near the plants. So you put them by the front door, windows etc. Anywhere someone might get air passing out of your apartment towards them.

Your filter should be able to handle the bulk of the odors in the room with the tent, especially if you close the door when you have the tent open. It's certainly better to be safe than sorry with security though.

Thanks. I was wondering what the difference would be with the ona gel and something like the $1 renuvit type gel things. Is it that the ona gel neutralizes the odor and the inexpensive things like renuzit only try to overpower the smell with the smell of the renuzit? The ona thing is like $40 for a big thing of it. You could likely then buy like 40 of the $1 renuzits use like 5-10 per grow and get like 4 times the amount of time you would get out of the ona. Do you think with only 2 flowering plants in the tent with the filter on there that a few of the $1 renuzits would work enough on there?

Ono doesn't eliminate the oder even in front of the exhaust fan covered in carbon oder removing mesh.

Febreeze on fabrics to eliminate the oder stuck to cloth. Auto spray fresheners for the room.

The gels only cover a couple of SQ feet.

Once the tent is open spritz the air with febreeze or knockoff.

I went through this big-time storing jars in 5 gallon buckets in a closet.

Back
Top Bottom