Ever get caught smoking by your kids? Read this

WaVancouver

I never have because I don't have any! However, I saw this really insane book for kids around K-12 years old to read. It is about children catching their parents using marijuana and what to tell them in a liberal and educated manor on what they were doing, why and reasons why children shouldn't do it until they are old enough. It's called 'Its Just A Plant" and it's colored and illustrated in a child-favorable manor and is a book for parents who want to educate their children about the complexities of pot in a thoughtful, fact-oriented manner.

cover.jpg

Hell, they even visit a pot farm in this book! Where was this book when I was growing up?! :loopy:

Re: Ever get caught smoking by your kids?

i have it, its a good book, all my friends read it and get into it! haha

so just to let you know, this is a touchy subject, they might delete the thread, they have before on me when i talked about it.

oh yeah, and that book is pretty hard to find i've herd they didn't print many

They have a website by the book's title name and you can buy it on there for $15

well that makes it easy. haha
i saw the author on bill o'rielly, it was a few years ago, its on youtube too.

my wife and I are trying to get pregnant... And we spend a lot of time wondering and worrying about how we will handle mj in the house with kids... or if there will be no mj around anymore. I don't want to go back to the pills i was living on before, but the legal rammifications of having children present... especialy if you grow... scary

My son was four the first time he caught me. He was asleep in the backseat of the car when Joe and I fired up a joint. Well, he woke up without us knowing it and watched us. Later, he asked me if I was broke! I told him I wasn't, and why did he ask such a thing. He said "I saw you and Joe sharing a cigarette and it looked like you had to make it yourself!" Now the cat was out of the bag, he knew. I explained what we were doing to him (I don't think you should tell a kid "you wouldn't understand", it insults their intelligence and damages your credibility) and that was the end of it. I never smoked with him until he turned 18, although he enjoyed helping me with a few crops in his teenage years.

My son was in junior high during Nancy Reagan's just say no campaign and he just hated it when I smoked. No amount of air freshener fooled him. So I gave it up. Years later after he had graduated from high school and moved out on his own I went to see a great film with Liv Tyler called Stealing Beauty.

The characters start passing around a joint having a great time getting high. I thought - man I miss that. Then I thought - wait a freaking minute - the kid is out of the house what is wrong with taking it up again.

I was worried that I would not be able to find anyone to buy from - but after asking one person at work - I was hooked up. Life has been better since that day. Still love that film.

my wife and I are trying to get pregnant...

Good luck!

My son was four the first time he caught me. He was asleep in the backseat of the car when Joe and I fired up a joint.

Hmm, don't think I'd have done that. But I'm going to refrain from commenting on smoke - of any kind - and young children's developing lungs.

Anyway... As I went through my 20s and beyond, some of the people that I smoked with had children. As the children got older I watched most of my friends go to extreme lengths in order to hide their MJ usage from their kids. It never worked. One mother was worried about getting caught. Her daughter not only knew it, but was using a different DoC herself. See what happens when you break the bridge of communication between yourself and your children?

Lmfao, well, seeing as I don't have kids, no i haven't. But I wish my parents smoked a little weed, I think they would be a lot better off. I burn with my boyfriends dad all the time, he figures that he would rather us be smoking weed with him than anyone else and also that we could be doing a hell of a lot worse :) I like his idea on it. It's great bonding time too, and it makes it easier to respect his dad honestly, we get along great despite the age difference (I am 18 and he is 57) and I consider him one of my closest friends.

I got caught 12 years ago when I first got sick. My 5 year old son walked into my room mid bong hit. I exhaled and pointed to my bong and asked If he knew what this was.
He looked at me kinda funny and said yeah Its your pot smoking thing. I explained to him I was sick and Its my medicine. He just said ok. I have been open and honest with him about it ever since. :peace:

First indication I had that my daughter knew was when she walked through the garage at 12 yrs old and said "stinks out here". Shes grown now and appreciates the fact that I use a vaporizer now, cuts way down on the smell.

Back
Top Bottom