Experienced Amsterdam Trekers

Thepurplem0nkey

Nothing better than sitting outside in a cafe in Amsterdam, around 6:00 in the afternoon, watching it rain, smoking a FAT European style joint, late December. Whos with me on that and who here has made the trek to marijuana mecca? Time to swap some stories. I've gone thrice, once for New years.
-PM

Typically, how much does it cost for a round-trip plane ticket to Amsterdam? And what about the cost for your room and shit? I've been seriously interested in going over there but haven't had enough facts to straighten out my plans.

^ Do you guys read thread titles? If you havn't gone to Amsterdam don't post, We already have 999 threads of people complaining about getting there.

Any mod. plz delete the first 3 replys on this thread (including mine) so this thread can sty on topic.

Thanks Hash, I was just about to post the same. THis thread is for Amsterdam Vets ONLY! Anyone NOT meeting the above mentioned criteria, please enjoy the thread but refrain from posting. Come on, I know I'm not the only one here whos visitd the motherland :)
My first trip out there happened in 2002. I had been in Paris when the Euro came out (Tney were fucking MIFFED about losing the Franc, lemme tell ya), for New Years (01/02). It was an awesome time, and I headed out for Amstedam sick as fuck on the 2nd of January. My first trip there was amazing. I was 19, traveling by myself, backpacking through Europe for the first time. Amsterdam was like in Wizard of Oz, when the house finaly lands in OZ, and Dorothy opens the door and you see color for the first time. ANYONE who has been ther eknows EXACTLY what the fuck I am talking about.
I went again for New Years (Again in Paris) for the 02/03 celebration, and again went to Amsterdam on the 1st this time. This time was hella fun, because I went with my two best friends. We stayed at one of the SWANKIEST hotels for the first night we were there (we had been staying in HOstels in Paris so we wante a nice place for one night to eat some special fungus), and at at Barneys for brakfast every damn day for 11 days straight. Smoked some of the finest cheeba, had the best time of my whole life.
My last trip was New Yeasr IN Amsterdam herself, the 03/04 New Years. One of the good friends who I went with the previous year had killed himself, s it was a bittersweet trip. I went with my other buddy again, and we made peace with my friends death, had a good time, and were able to go on with our lives. SOme deep shit.
New Years in Amsterdam was an increible experience, they fucking know how to party. Bottle Rockets every damn place you look.
-PM

Geez, you guys are going to date me on this one. I think it was '73. We (my wife at the time) left Wapiti, WY and from Cody, WY we flew to Denver, then NY, then Amsterdam.. fucking long flight, about 20 hours with the stops and layovers.

Met up with a couple we knew from college days who lived there in the heart of Amsterdam. Our friends lived in a marvelous old home right on the canal. With no sleep, we visited a few cafes and enjoyed some of the local goodies, pot and hash. Then it was off to an Elvis Costello concert held in an ancient cathedral.. fucking awesome to say the least. Did the sightseeing: Van Gogh museum, tullips, the city market, windmills, the bars, the beers, etc. And of course more cafes. Then it was on to Seville Spain (right after Franco died) and the best bullfights in the world. Incredible! The pomp and circumstance involved is a sight to behold! Ahh.. the bull fights.. what an art.

That's my Amsterdam story.. now that time and money allows I may return, perhaps for the Cup.. that would be a TRIP.

I live in Holland but I have to admit,
I usually only smoke bong, joints are lovely when in coffee shops though.
Ive had many experiences :D

What I enjoyed the most was our daily breakfast at barneys breakfast bar.
I always ordered eggs, bacon, hash browns and orange juice from their tiny kitchen. Nothing like a nice hearty breakfast to go along with a fatty or two before heading off to go sightseeing.
unfortunatley, when I went to amsterdam in march it was too cold to sit outside, but one day the weather was brilliant, the place just came to life, and I got a taste of what amsterdam was like on a beautiful day.

The first time in the streets of amsterdam must be like a freaking wallhala for you Americans.
Me and a couple of mates get wasted in Amsterdam every few months.
But its never boring.
Amsterdam is alsow one of the few places in Holland where you can buy weed and alcohol at the same time.
In other city's its forbidden to sell alcohol in coffeeshops.

But if any of you guys is coming to Holland , let me know and hook me up to your msn if you got any questions or would just like to talk about the life over here.

The first time I trekked in Amsterdam was in 1974..

Sounds like it hasn't changed a bit. :smokin:

Pinch said:
The first time I trekked in Amsterdam was in 1974..

Sounds like it hasn't changed a bit. :smokin:

Sorry..'73.

Yeh I've been to Amsterdam 3 times, but my favourite would have to be the first time I went there. It was snowing and I had just acquainted myself with the good old 'bulldog café'. Without a doubt, after smoking two joints, I was as fucked up as ever, running around the town stomping on that CRUNCHY CRUNCHY snow. I remember walking into a lolly shop, so stoned with a huge grin on my face and I just started laughing with joy staring at all the wonderful and weird lollies they had (jelly bellies!!!). I got lost as well, and found myself wondering through the more seedy part of the town...the red light district (although the neon lights were kinda cool). :laughtwo:

yesterday me and me frend where bored as hell and we decided to get in the car and drive off to Amsterdam.
After a couple of hours we rolled into A'dam and put our car in the parking garage at C.s.

The wetter was great and the sun was shining all day , so first wa sat down at the grasshopper for a nice beer and a good spliff.
After that we had a walk true the shopping street but we soon decided that wasnt the reason why we had been sitting in the car for 1.5 hours... :jerkit:

So we hit the red light districkt for a couple of laughs and ended up at the bulldog for a game of pool and of course for smokes and drinks.
After an hour we went outside and went looking for another coffeshop.
We soon found one called free adam and we had a couple of smokes but the guy wasnt selling any beer so we left pretty quick.

After getting out of the red licht districkt we to the 420cafe and after that place it all light became a little fussy in me head couse of the beers and the smoking so we had a little break in the shop acoss the 420cafe.
I dont remember the name of the shop , but once i had some food and a non alcoholic drink the light became clear again and the fussynes was gone.

So we went to the la canna , its me favorite shop in amsterdam and we always save it for last.
After drinking and smoking from 23.00 till 02.30 in the la canna we went back to the car and got home...

As lucky as we where we didint counter any police so we hit the highway and got back like 5.30 this morning , me head still hurts from the hangover but that will be gone in a couple of hours and than it will be just another day spent damn good :allgood:

My wife and I are goin in August. First time. We got free tickets because my Mother in Law works for Continental! First Class. I was told August is the best time to go. (Plus, my kids wont be in school)

Back
Top Bottom