Fan and filters for 80x80x160 cabinet - HELP

Stevegse

Hello 420

I've just bought loads of gear for my first grow cabinet but i know nothing about fans or which to use.

Firstly the cabinet and lights I'm using are as follows:
Dark Room DR80

80cm(w) x 80cm(d) x160cm (h)
Dual-Sock Port locations:
3 (5") port intake / exhaust ports
2 (2.75") cord / tubing ports
3 intake windows

Pro-lite Rising Sun Super 400w - with metal Halide and HPS lamps

The cabinet is in a room with a hole in the ceiling where an extractor fan used to be, so I do have access to fresh air.

so my questions, if you'd be so kind to answer, are:

do i need filters - if so where do i put them and what are they?
in terms of fans, what do I need for this set-up? (if there are any tried and tested products, what are they?)
what does passive intake mean?

I hope I'm not asking too much, this is my first post so excuse any numb mistakes.

thanks

steve:)

Hey Steve,

Welcome mate. Think a lot of people are on holidays at the moment, replies seem to be a bit slow atm.

Suggest googling grow tent kits and examining what people are offering out.

As regards filters saw a cool DIY one a guy made with a conical air filter for a car, a bag of activated charcoal from the fish shop (or ebay) and a length of pipe. Put the bag in the filter, put mesh over the pipe and clipped the filter to the pipe and pipe into the tent exhaust.

If you are growing weed with no neighbours or people who smell the plants then no need for the filter. If you're even a little worried about smell get one. can also buy cheapish.

Passive intake I think is just one of the tent holes.. if you have another fan pulling air through the tent it will come into the tent through this.

Good luck and hope someone helps you more than I can

DB

Back
Top Bottom