New setup - First time - Need temperature control help

Kritikal

Hi guys, Getting ready to setup my first ever grow but having a huge temperature problem. My equipment:

80cm x 80cm x 180cm Tent

600w MarsHydro LED (275 true watt)

105m3/h (61cfm) Exhaust fan with carbon filter

Passive intakes

Outside room temp is around 20-23C (68-74F)

My problem is temps are not getting below 32C (90F)

So I just ran a test:

Temp inside tent with nothing on - 23-25C (73-77F)

Light on with no extraction for 1 hour 30 mins, then measuring temps - 33-35C (91-95F)

Extraction on for 1 hour with light, then measuring temps again. - 33-34C (91-93F)

It seems my light is increasing my temp in my tent about 10C, is that normal?

It also seems my extractor fan is not really removing any heat from my room, maybe about 1-2C.

So heres my dilemma do I buy a smaller light, do I buy a bigger exhaust fan or both?!

So any advice/help would be super appreciated.

High Kritikal

Sounds like your fan isn't moving air out of the tent. Sure it's not hooked up the wrong way around? Does it blow outside or just out of the tent?

Might have to increase the intake area if the sides of the tent are sucked in tight with the fan on.
If there is lots of air blowing out where the fan exhausts the air then it's blowing the right way.

Puzzling.

L8r

High Kritikal

Sounds like your fan isn't moving air out of the tent. Sure it's not hooked up the wrong way around? Does it blow outside or just out of the tent?

Might have to increase the intake area if the sides of the tent are sucked in tight with the fan on.
If there is lots of air blowing out where the fan exhausts the air then it's blowing the right way.

Puzzling.

L8r

Thanks for you info OldMedUser, really helpful, im sure i put the fan on the right way but im going to double check. When its on the ducting that comes out of the fan is pretty hot thought. I completely insulated the fan inside a box with duct tape etc. The carbon filter is attached directly to my fan then the ductin comes out of the otherside of the fan out to the top of the tent

Is the filter near the top of the tent? Wherever the air is sucked from should be near the top to get the hottest air and not just suck in the intake air and throw it out.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom