Fans For 24x48x60 Seedling Veg Tent

MrCountry

Can anyone reccomend decent intake and exaust fans for my 24X48X60 seedling/veg tent. I purchased the ac infinity t6 & s6 for my flower tent but they are wittle pricey, great fans just pricey. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Intake: None. Open all the vents, run your fan/filter, and then try closing a vent (if you wish) to see if the negative pressure becomes too much; you want a little negative pressure, but you don't want the tent's walls to be sucked in to the point where it looks like the structure might "get completely sucked up into its own orifice," so to speak, and where your 8-ft.² area shrinks to 5-ft.², lol.

Exhaust: With only 40 cubic feet of grow space, you shouldn't require much. I'd imagine that even a halfway decent 4" setup would be sufficient. Remember to always choose a carbon filter (if you use one) that has a higher CFM rating than whichever fan you pick. And don't bother with those el cheapo "duct booster fans" that people stick in long HVAC runs to help get air to the more distant vent(s) in the system; those things aren't able to work against any kind of restriction (which is what a carbon filter is).

I recommend this type:
Centrifugal fan - Wikipedia
...as opposed to the kind that have blades like a common box fan that you might stick in a kitchen window. Something akin to what you might find on a forced-air furnace, although you'd be looking for one with a rated capacity that is much less, of course (although if you did happen across a 40-year old Dayton blower, you could use it and beat on it for another 40 years without much worry about it breaking down on you, lol - but you'd definitely need to use a speed controler with it).

I've been looking at exhaust fans and filters the past couple of days, too, and I have a pretty limited grow budget (that keeps shrinking :rolleyes: ). It looks like the cheaper versions of what I described above are around $95 to $115 or so on Amazon for 4" stuff, and maybe $25 to $30 more for 6". Maybe a few dollars less if I decide to get a fan that doesn't have a built-in speed controller. They all look pretty similar (to me) at that price point. You might find one that has a metal body instead of a plastic one, it might - or might not - come with some kind of leather (looking?) cover to slip over the fan in order to mute the noise just a wee bit... But they could have all come out of the same factory for all I know.

I greatly appreciate the reply. My issue is about the same, I Have been spending quite a bit with the setup. Seems like every time I get to a point to where I think it's OK, here comes something else. I guess that's the nature of the beast. Of pretty much decided to just wait until next week and get another AC finity cloudline. I have the cloud lime T6 and S6 working my flowering tent and I really like it, little pricey but nice. I think I might just wait and order the cloudline t4 with carbon filter next week, it will run about 170 or i can get the t6 with filter for roughly 200, but like i said i really like the units. I have another 2 less being delivered today. I still havent been able to order the superoots air pots as this has put me way over my budget, but I have to say it's been a learning experience. Once again thanks much for the reply, just need to weigh all my options.

I have a vivosun 4" in my tent of the same size and with 2, 4" intakes on the bottom it negative pressures easy. $88 bucks with the filter.
VIVOSUN 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Duct Fan with 4"x 14" Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal

That's one of the ones that I looked at. Can you tell me if the 14" includes the flanges, or if that's the length of just the main part of the filter? (Thanks!)

Looks like includes flange.
20190110_012111.jpg

Also to see it for better scale in the tent. I may have to shift things around somehow at some point, possibly over on the left side of the tent if it's not too wide depending on how much these end up stretching I might need that room back. If you are just vegging though then I wouldn't think you should have too many issues with that.
20190110_011950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom