Female ratio, harvest time, cloning and yield

greengatorade

I have two White Widows in their second week in my closet. They now have 4 leaves and keep growing :allgood:

Could someone answer these newbie questions?

• What's the probability that a plant turns out to be a female? Is it close to 50/50 like for humans?
  • Is it possible to plan harvesting 4 months from now? That is, turn to 12/12 schedule in 2 months?
  • Is the cloning thing difficult? I don't really have a green thumb, and the last thing I want to do is to hurt my plants.
  • What's the expected yield for a White Widow in a closet under 400W HPS light?

I love reading this forum. Thanks a lot to you guys.

I can answer 3 of the 4. The 4th is to hard to estimate. Yield depends on so many factors that there is just no way to know.

But...

1) Yes the ratio is close to 50% but I've gotten 10 males out of 10 seeds before (Nirvana's "Early Special" strain 2 years ago) And I've gotten 9 females out of 10 seeds before too. (nirvanas "Bluemystic" strain) Supposedly there are several ways to increase the odds of making young starts turn female but I myself am not so sure they work. I've always been taught and led to believe that sex is determined by genetics not enviromental factors.
2) Yes with enough lumens and a 8 week flowering strain it is very possible to harvest in 4 months.
3) Cloning is not difficult....for me anyway. Some never get the hang of it and some never have a problem. There are many ways to clone as well. None really hurt your plants.

You should wait until the plants are sexually mature before flowering.
That usually occurs between 3--6 weeks.

There are too many factors to guesstimate yield.

I have the same light as you and also a few extra fluros for both veg and flowering, I just put my first lot of white widow in myself 3 days ago and im at the 4 leaf stage with 5,6 alwready showing but small,
I,m not sure if this has to do with the lights but if your in a rush you might want to add some spiral flouros or/and go to home depo or another hardware like that and get a 100 watt flourex flood light blue spec for veg, they will run you about $60 american and are exual to 1000 watt incondescent bulb.
If you have enough red spectrum light then you can use it in your veg aswell but you will need majority off your flowering light to be red, SO I HAVE WREAD ANYWAY.
I have a pic off the flouro in my gallery i believe if you want to take a look.
My last grow (1st) is in flowering now but when in veg i didnt have the flourex I just had the 400watt and it did take a little while but 4 months should be just right from start to finish.
if you get there befor i do post some pics and let us see how you did.

I wasnt going to clone either untill I accidently broke a branch off and decided to plant it and see how it went, with no root starter i have 2 clones that are healthy and in veg at the moment, I would think with root starter that it would be even easier.
And as far as girls and boys go, for my first grow I had 6 plants from diffrent bag seed and got 6 out of 6 girls and I stressed the shit out off them buy tieing them down and trimming the crapper out of them why in veg so I believe he is wright when he says thats just a bit of luck, pre determend by the man who gave them to us, be good and he will give you girls to lol

good luck

Back
Top Bottom