Feminized seeds - good/bad? What's your experience?

Seems to be a bit of misinformation in this topic.

Feminized seeds are about a convenience to a grower that wants/needs to have a guaranteed harvest. You don't get a harvest with male plants. This is especially important to people who depend on the medicine.

There is no 50% Hermy rate number. I have grown numerous plants, with no hermies, that points to a 0% hermy rate. A plant will go hermy if high levels of stress are induced, light constantly leaks into the grow during the dark period etc.. There is no definite predisposed trait of a plant that will hermy in normal feminized seeds.

Now if a hermy plant was allowed to produce seeds, that pheno would have a higher risk to hermy, but again, it is not guaranteed.

You can easily maintain a mother that came from feminized seed. I've seen tons of people do it with no problems at all.

You can also easily breed a plant that came from feminized seed.

If your feminized plant happens to bolt (A process which the plant produces it's own female pollen in an effort to self-pollinate) The resulting seeds will also be feminized with no genetic predisposition to becoming hermy.

I'm still not seeing a downside to growing plants from feminized seed.

For most growers, feminized seeds are preferred, as they have no plans to breed plants, or collect pollen, they simply want/need a flowering plant.

However, there are also growers who not only prefer, but need regular seeds, as they may be seeking a male of one strain, or a female of another, in order to create their own strain, or attempt to breed desirable traits of 2 or more strains into one strain, which will later be allowed to produce seed.

As for someone's political position, there's no reason to argue over it. We're all different and unique. Enjoy and embrace those differences, because if we were all the same, there'd be no excitement in life.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom