Are Feminised seeds as good as Regular female seeds?

Are Regular female plants better the "feminized" plants?

• Yes, A female grown from regular seed is better.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, Feminised seeds are the best.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • There is no difference in the look and tast of the end product.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Regular seeds grow males or females depending on the genetics they carry that are determined during time of pollination. I guess it would be possible to establish the ratio closely with a lot of data in hand, but basic split is 50/50, thus in 10 seeds 5 should be female and 5 should be male... theoretically. However the whole ratio changes on the basis of x factors, thus you can end up with 8 females or 8 males.

Regular seeds grow males or females depending on the genetics they carry that are determined during time of pollination. I guess it would be possible to establish the ratio closely with a lot of data in hand, but basic split is 50/50, thus in 10 seeds 5 should be female and 5 should be male... theoretically. However the whole ratio changes on the basis of x factors, thus you can end up with 8 females or 8 males.

Ah k fair enough well that makes sense. if you do get a male (even if its from a fem seed - can that happen?) then you remove the plant from grow space yes? Like as in immediately or you risk all others becoming male? is this correct?

If so, hypothetically speaking if one was to move their male plant out from inside (i.e. tent) and then just put outside/away from others then you can grow out and have bulk seeds of that given strain?

To sum it all up.

1. Regular seeds for a more stable genetic line.
i
2. Feminized for a 60% Stable genetic line with a possibilty of pulling off a stable genetic line.

3. If wanting to breed its best to use Regular Stable Genetics lines, but its not impossible from Feminized seed line if crossbred with a male from a strong regular seed line.

Sorry if i sound ignorant here but don't regular seeds usually or quite commonly grow males? or significantly increase the chances of? If not then why al the fuss with feminised? or are you guys saying its better to have seeds produced by your original plants?

Very tired, much confused :3

Take it with a grain of salt. This is just matter of opinions and an open discussion. I'm wondering what peoples experiences have been.

Another thing to consider. The S-1 female seeds he makes you get 50% just like the selfed plant and 50% other plants. So in most situations your only going to get half of what you really wanted.

Back
Top Bottom