Feminized or regular seeds?

Looking for opinions on this topic. I'm ready to order a batch of Swiss Cheese seeds from Nirvana. I've purchased from Nirvana before and was very happy. I'm choosing this strain due to it's mold resistance and its growth pattern.

I've read that feminized seeds tend to hermie. I grew feminized AK 48 from Nirvana with no hermies so I'm leaning towards the feminized again.

Any takes on this?

You plan on growing them out and that's it, or are you looking to find a good mother and keep her around for future grows?

I am a fan of female seeds for smaller grows.

A few grows ago I used Nirvana NL regs. Ended up with 3 male and 1 hermie out of 5 seeds.

Luckily the 1 remaining female filled most of the grow room.

NL_10th_wk_3_R.JPG

NL_7wks_flowering_1_.jpg

I have had very good luck with feminized seeds from nirvana and other suppliers. No hermies yet, I did however have a few ( 3or 4) hermies with the non feminized strains/seeds.

I would only order non-fem seeds if I wanted to get a male to breed or make my own seeds in the future.

That being said, I have 10 freebie unknown seeds from nirvana. I have no intention of planting them soon, and really dont know if I ever will since the strains are unknown.

I have grown many of nervanas feminized and regular seeds. The feminized seeds seem to not hermie in my room. I can recommend Pure Powerplant, Blackjack and ak48.

Excellent results with feminizes seeds from them!!!

I have had very good luck with feminized seeds from nirvana and other suppliers. No hermies yet, I did however have a few ( 3or 4) hermies with the non feminized strains/seeds.

Thanks for the positive input, Lucky. No hermies is a good thing :thumb:

I would only order non-fem seeds if I wanted to get a male to breed or make my own seeds in the future.

That being said, I have 10 freebie unknown seeds from nirvana. I have no intention of planting them soon, and really dont know if I ever will since the strains are unknown.

Freebies are nice, but I don't blame you for not planting them yet. I say that cause I've seen pics of your AK's! Save them for a rainy day, never know what phenos you'll get.

I have grown many of nervanas feminized and regular seeds. The feminized seeds seem to not hermie in my room. I can recommend Pure Powerplant, Blackjack and ak48.
Excellent results with feminizes seeds from them!!!

Thanks for the advice, Cona! The PPP looks interesting, as well as the Blackjack.

Thanks for the positive input, Lucky. No hermies is a good thing :thumb:

Freebies are nice, but I don't blame you for not planting them yet. I say that cause I've seen pics of your AK's! Save them for a rainy day, never know what phenos you'll get.

Thanks for the advice, Cona! The PPP looks interesting, as well as the Blackjack.

You will love the Blackjack for its daytime smokeability and its smell and taste. The Powerplant will keep them comming back and your jars empty.

Cona

I guess if I had to choose it would be Powerplant just for its outragously huge hard resin covered buds....really nice.

Back
Top Bottom