A plant is born!

Found one seed in a nug from my last AK48 dirt grow which I held onto for a rainy day. That day came Wednesday 12/8/10 when I put the wet paper towel wrapped bean into a zip lock bag, gave a good exhale to inflate it, and crossed my fingers. Odds are its female since it came from what must have been a hermie flower.

3 days later I open the paper towel and...

ak_001.jpg

Not too bad in my opinion. The seed comes from a clone, that came from the strongest of 5 feminized AK 48's from Nirvana. My buddy grew the other clone outdoors and it came out very strong as well.

It's in Fox Farm Light Warrior now, under two florescent lights.

ak_002.jpg

Exciting pic right? :tokin:

Next to a White Widow runt clone...I don't have the heart to pull her yet.

ak_003.jpg

Seeds are fun to me. Still amazes me when I sit and think about it, one little bean can grow into all of that goodness.

:peace:YD

14 days later this AK 48 is looking strong. I transplanted the youngster to a one gallon smart pot filled with Fox Farm Happy Frog. Plain ph'd water only so far.

It has been 14 days since I put the dry seed into a wet paper towel for germination. In my opinion growth is good considering its age.

ak_48_003.jpg

ak_48_001.jpg

Cute little stalk getting bigger and stronger
ak_48_002.jpg

I keep it about 5" below 2 23 watt 6500 kelvin cfl's with a light breeze going. I think this might be a good one! :yummy:

I planted 6 seeds in Dixie Cups on december 25th and 3 germinated. 1 Blue Mystic from Nirvana, 1 Chem Valley Kush (chem Dawg x SFV OG Kush from Cali Connection) and 1 Afghan Kush (World of Seeds) and they are just now barely growing their second set of leaves. Your bagseed looks healthy and will be good if you take care of it when it is young. How the plants are treated as seedling determines how good they come out later in life. So take good care and don't overfertilize!

I planted 6 seeds in Dixie Cups on december 25th and 3 germinated. 1 Blue Mystic from Nirvana, 1 Chem Valley Kush (chem Dawg x SFV OG Kush from Cali Connection) and 1 Afghan Kush (World of Seeds) and they are just now barely growing their second set of leaves. Your bagseed looks healthy and will be good if you take care of it when it is young. How the plants are treated as seedling determines how good they come out later in life. So take good care and don't overfertilize!

Thanks Growing! Good luck on your youngsters :goodluck:

This is not a bag seed, I found it in a nug from my last AK 48, only one on the plant as far as I know.

It seems to like the Happy Frog and the Smart Pot. Been feeding lightly so far.

Here it is as of today...25 days from germination to soil
ak48_005.jpg

ak48_004.jpg

ak48_002.jpg

Using the Smart Pot and the seed starting soil I see, well done. I germinated using Ocean Forrest which is a big no no. I had no idea that this soil was way too "hot" to be germinating seeds and its probably why a few of my magic beans did not pop...oh well the ones that did not pop were either free or 3 dollar seeds from Nirvana. I would have been PISSED if the Afghan Kush, Blue Mystic, or especially the Chem Valley Kush did not germ. Lord have mercy. I ordered some dead head OG today and I am pretty sure its feminized but the CVK is regular. So we shall see. Even if its a male I am keeping that pollen. Also ordered me a Tahoe OG Kush fem as well. I got a root riot and a clone dome and a heating mat to do this right this time.

Back
Top Bottom