Bad seeds

tav

friend of mine gave some indica seeds about 8 maybe .....1 came up and in the veg. state. 2 i had with a wet paper towel covered for weeks and nothing.

so i tried 1 seed in all water and never spit now i have 1 seed in paper towel again well over a week and nothing.

i noticed some seeds are a dark color and some are a really light color any difference between the two .
are they both growable ?

friend of mine gave some indica seeds about 8 maybe .....1 came up and in the veg. state. 2 i had with a wet paper towel covered for weeks and nothing.

so i tried 1 seed in all water and never spit now i have 1 seed in paper towel again well over a week and nothing.

i noticed some seeds are a dark color and some are a really light color any difference between the two .
are they both growable ?
Who knows - you can only try to see if they are viable - the colour means nothing
They might be old seeds stored badly, hermie seeds or male plants
Always best to start with known seeds from a good bank or you're lost from day 1

Some pale seeds are viable. I think @Stunger had some he tried and they came up, but sometimes the pale ones are immature.
Seeds fresh from the plant can give you problems, especially indicas. They have a compound in them that inhibits germination. It's to prevent them from germinating as winter is starting.
I took some from a Hindu Kush I was harvesting a few years back, and out of 12 only one sprouted. I almost threw the rest of them out. 6 weeks later I tried again and they all sprouted. I kept them in the fridge for those 6 weeks, which apparently simulates winter.

Some of my best plants have come from what I thought were small pale under developed seeds... You just never know what you are going to get... Definitely better off buying seeds from a reputable Seed Bank. Plenty of good ones that are 420Magazine site sponsors.

:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom