3 in a cup

Nerdly1

I've been trying different ways of germinating, so far the paper towel method seems to work for me.
I usually start more than on towel at a time, and this particular time one of the batches of seeds i ran through a matchbox with sandpaper in it, to scuff the seeds, wow! It really seemed to help. Anyway...

The other day I was using my tweezers and ever so gently moving sprouted seeds from paper towel to party cup filled with FF OF soil mix.

I was probably, no, I'm sure I was stoned when I was doing all this gardening, and somehow loaded 3 seeds into 1 cup, and they all started growing, at about the same rate too. They are only a few days old now and about 2 inches tall.
My question to the experts and novices like myself alike - Can I grow these triplets together or should separate them? I think it would be cool to grow them together and LST them or something.

I'd seperate them. One will most likely end up being dominant and rob the others of nutrients. Then they will in turn act like parasites sucking up nutes the dominant one could be thriving with.

Unless you have a seriously large planter (4-5 gallons per plant) I wouldnt combine them.

I Agree. My Buddy Always Plants 4 or 5 in a Planter..
Hes Been "Growing" For 2 Years & has Never Made It More Then A Month lol
He Doesn't Believe It's Becuase Of This Reason.. I Do Though

Thanx - Extortion and McBudz -
I'll separate them tonight, hope they make it. I'll post results in awhile.:thanks::cool:

UPDATE: separated the 3 plants into 3 little dangly root things and placed into 4" sq. pots. They are very hardy looking, i hope they make it. Gadget

Back
Top Bottom