Feminized White Widow

RagnarLothbrok

Hey there, so i'm plannign on growing outdoors Feminized White Widow, I bought premiom pottign soil with peatmoss mix and i believe a couple other things
I bought Bonemeal and Blood meal mix
As well as biodegradable pots I plan on germinating my seeds very soon and will begin to grow them indoors before transplanting; I will harden them of course.

I just have some concerns; I'm growing white widow obviously, but How many weeks does it take after germination and being planted into the pot will the white widow strain take before starting to smell; the whole point of me growing outdoors is to be as discrete as possible so i'm trying to start the plants of as discretely as i possibly can i have a place i'm thinking will work but i'm concerned on the smell
My question is
How many weeks will the White Widow Feminized strain take to grow to a good indoor sized before being transplanted outdoors as well as how many weeks after being planted from germinated seeds will the seedlings take before starting to smell and MUST be moved outdoors.

I think I can deal with a tiny bit of smell i'll figure something out although my mom has an amazing nose and even when you can't smell anything she smells something; (can't wait till i get my own place soon)
I plan on germinating 25 seeds, I think i might do them 5 at a time to hopefully maximize my chance of success for them, or probably 4 to be safer.

So any tips on roughly how many weeks i'll have before the plants begin to make a noticable smell from germinated seed
I have a huge room and a small section opf it is blocked off by skids and has a spare room, I'm thinking im gonna have the 25 plants in biodegradable pots in that room just to start them off and i'll try my best to circulate the air outdoors but any help and tips on any of this will be extremely helpful!
I should also mention I'm a first time grower!
~Sincerely, Ragnar

Welcome to the forum Ragnar.

While your girls are growing (in vegetative mode), they should have very little " weed" odour to them if any. They'll smell like plants. It's only when you are officially flip your girls into flower and the pistils start to develop that you should start having to worry about odor. If you are only starting your seeds inside until they get to a respectable size and then putting them outside, I don't think you would have any issue with smell at all. Whereabouts are you, northern hemisphere?

Yeah, Southeastern Ontario CA, about 3 hours away from detroit.
I'm starting roughly 20 maybe 25 inside till the last frost hits and till they get to a nice size, I did want to keep them in a decent size room but I may have to move them to a closet

I see.. . You're not too far from me.

20 plants, vegging for anything over 30 days is going to be really tight in a closet, unless it's a really good size. Although, here it is the 6th of April...... In 40 days they'll be safe to go outside.

That's actually perfect, My seeds come in on Tuesday, the 10th of April,
I plan on germinating and potting them that week

Plus i have the floor and a top shelf in my clost so could have 10 on bottom 10 on top although top may not be able to grow as big,. It's a small walk in closet so it's not too bad.

I can get the dimensions for you after I get home.
I still have one issue and thats finding my spot to grow them outdoors; although I have 40 days as you say until the last frost hits or first week of may so I'm not too worried i know i'll find one i just wish i could be more confident as to knowing where they'll be and start getting compost ready.

How big do you think the WW Fem Strain will grow in size 30-40 days?

What're you growing at the moment or going to start?

That's actually perfect, My seeds come in on Tuesday, the 10th of April,
I plan on germinating and potting them that week

Plus i have the floor and a top shelf in my clost so could have 10 on bottom 10 on top although top may not be able to grow as big,. It's a small walk in closet so it's not too bad.

I can get the dimensions for you after I get home.
I still have one issue and thats finding my spot to grow them outdoors; although I have 40 days as you say until the last frost hits or first week of may so I'm not too worried i know i'll find one i just wish i could be more confident as to knowing where they'll be and start getting compost ready.

How big do you think the WW Fem Strain will grow in size 30-40 days?

What're you growing at the moment or going to start?

I just noticed this post... Im just outside of Ottawa. I was told that the plants would be approx knee height in 2 months of growing inside. (maybe slightly taller). I was also told that the smell would be minimal in veg growth, especially in the first two months.

I just noticed this post... Im just outside of Ottawa. I was told that the plants would be approx knee height in 2 months of growing inside. (maybe slightly taller). I was also told that the smell would be minimal in veg growth, especially in the first two months.
That's Great! Also not too far from me just a good car ride away lol; Im a couple hours away from london or an hour from stratford. I live in "The prettiest town in Canada" Otherwise known as Goderich lol

How much space are you going to keep them apart from eachother, are you growing outdoors? Whats the indoor setup looklike thats taking care of them for the next 2 months roughly?
or during the veg stage

That's Great! Also not too far from me just a good car ride away lol; Im a couple hours away from london or an hour from stratford. I live in "The prettiest town in Canada" Otherwise known as Goderich lol

How much space are you going to keep them apart from eachother, are you growing outdoors? Whats the indoor setup looklike thats taking care of them for the next 2 months roughly?
or during the veg stage
Here's my veg tent, for a size idea. 3'x3'......you don't need much. These girls have been in since April1st. They'll be flipped on May1st.
Here's the girls that got placed into flower on April 1st after a 30 day veg in my veg tent.
Here they are 30 days later....get the idea.....

Here's my veg tent, for a size idea. 3'x3'......you don't need much. These girls have been in since April1st. They'll be flipped on May1st.
Here's the girls that got placed into flower on April 1st after a 30 day veg in my veg tent.
Here they are 30 days later....get the idea.....

Okay yeah I see yo, I have a 4x4 green house tent I bought/cold frame
I just shave the problem of nowhere to out it without people being aware of what's going on, I was tempted on putting it in my room but then my girlfriend will see lol..
I am gonna grown in my closet but definitey need to get an outdoor spot going, I'll germinate my seeds when the come in, I also have a seedling Matt heat cover to place pots on

Not to be mean but if your mom or girlfriend will catch you and it is an issue, might not be worth it... I tossed a few WW's into the area my wife was starting her out door veggies and the smell was very noticeable relatively quickly with just 4 of them. Now we run full on rooms and she loves it!

Anyway what kind of light will you be using while indoors?

Not to be mean but if your mom or girlfriend will catch you and it is an issue, might not be worth it... I tossed a few WW's into the area my wife was starting her out door veggies and the smell was very noticeable relatively quickly with just 4 of them. Now we run full on rooms and she loves it!

Anyway what kind of light will you be using while indoors?

True, althoug i've been hinting at her to let me and we do live seperat;y at the moment so like, i still have control ahaha, but still i get what you mean but she never goes into my closet and if she does she may be a little pissed but honestly whats the harm in growing weed, I smoked when I first met her, hell I sold to her the first time I met her :ganjamon: But after a while I did stop because her family found out i sold so i quit dealing and eventally stopped smoking; I wanna grow and honestly i just think she could hopefully accept that because i gave up alot of my life for her and i went otu got a couple good jobs and now I just wanna grow, I bought a fuck ton of other seeds too like peppers, tomatoes, brocolli, quinoa, Spinach; aside from weed
I also have a raised garden that i got and a green hosue cover

Overall though I think the raised garden I have (I'mm gonan check it out) Might fit perfectly in my closet tbh and that'd be great!!! I also have lots of inscense and essential oil diffusers that i could use to get rid of the smell, also can buy fresheners to throw on some vent or n vents around the house when people arnt here and just put aroma things around
easily get rid of the stench
(Plus I think my brother is planning on growing in his closet too this year)

@Derbybud How smelly was our compared to the others. I personally don't think the WW comes out super weedy to begin with. lots of lemon smell. That is a lot out plants in an area depending on the size. That many outside depending on how many make it WILL produce smell. three out side is strong enough to smell and they were tiny plants. Why not start in intervals? Also make sure you don't need to worry on heat signature.

If I were you, I would start with 4. Keep it within what will be the legal limit in Canada once it becomes legal, hopefully in the next few months. My experience with CK fem WW is that all seeds germinated and grew well. Actually just harvested 7 plants, great yield, they are now curing. Can't imagine trying to hide 25 of them not to mention the time it takes to care for them properly.

Hello , ya I would agree stick with 4 plants , I just chopped 4 C.K. .fem white widows last night , and I was in 2 tents and 2x4 each and 2 -400 watt mars leds per tent , and I am in Cambridge and the smell off the 4 plants as soon as they were in flower was strong and only got stronger as they finished , great plants , this was my 2nd try and they reached about 3 ft tall .Even if you plan on putting them outside ,having 50 plants outdoors and flowering is still gonna make a big stink and you will smell them from 15 feet away , hope you don't have neighbors or passerby's as they will smell that many in flower .I got about 2 lbs per plant after a 80 % wet trim , I prefer to trim before I hang to dry, don't know what the dry weight is yet. Beside I hope you have a large crew of friends to help chop, trim , hang and jar 50 plants that is a lot of work and a place to keep dark all those jars for burping , you will need 45 days at least for veg and 8-9 weeks for flower, that is very tight for our climate in Ontario , Grow for quality not quantity, besides outdoor plants tend to be very airy grown here , now if you were in California it would be a different story , you could have a 60-70 day veg then . 50 plants are a big security risk , plus all the lights required to grow 50 plants till you move to outside has to be remembered as you don't want to much stretching as seedlings , white widows will stretch quite a lot if you let them , they are light pigs I had my leds about 6 inches away from tops in flower and 78-82 degrees and a rh of about 56 %, I also used co2 .these are a great type of plant to grow and very forgiving , I used 1 - 10 gallon air pot per plant , I used G.H . micro series nutrients and used at 50 % strength and some overdrive for flowering in the last month , these plants don't need a lot of nutrients but they sure love their light , just my 2 cents good luck !!(ps all 4 seeds germinated ,crop king has great seeds ).

Back
Top Bottom