fertilizing with blood and bone already in soil?

bongzillla

I repotted my plants about a week ago and i have just read that the soil that i planted them in has blood and bone in it, will the plants be alright if i add some fertilizer with npk value of 7-4-10?

Dolomite lime or even garden lime is applied mixed into the soil before planting at least a few weeks before hand...

How ever a top dressing or by mixing with water is a short term solution to PH control !

Dolomite lime/garden lime is only really worth using if the soil is acidic in nature & generally buffers soil/compost towards PH 7...

Dolomite/garden lime is in fact a solid powder it does not become soluable through mixing of water... hence it needs pre mixing with soil/compost before hand to be more effective !

Blood & Bone ah...

Blood is a fast to medium release nutrient mainly N-Nitrogen & should last a few to several weeks slowly degrading over time in nitrogen.

Bone is more medium to slow release mainly P-phosphorus & also contains Ca-calcium... should remain available for a couple of months to several months degrading over time...

So ye current soil mix should support the veg stage of growth & at some point you may need to feed tho... ya might wanna start with 1/4 to 1/2 strength of application of nutrients stated to be on the safe side & work up over a period of time or as & when required...

You can more than likely get away with feeding once a week in early stage veg to mid veg once a week.

Back
Top Bottom