Fired for felony

Ldowdy81

This is my first post on here as well so I would like to say hello to everyone. I am an electrician/welder and I have worked in the commercial electrical business for over 7 years. Recently, I was unemployed for around a year then the old company I worked for got contracts on 3 jobs around my area and asked for my help. I went through all the orientation, piss test and background check with no problems. For a little background for the readers, I was convicted of 2 counts of distribution of a schedule 2 narcotic in 2003. I had since did my 2 years in prison, finished my 10 years of probation without a violation and paid back the state of Virginia so much money I can't count for restitution, fines, and a legal license. Well that was over 10 years ago. I worked for this company out of town most of the time but it was steady work. We built 911 Centers in Roanoke and Stafford, Jails in Fredericksburg, Lynchburg, and Dublin and put in a lot of generators for all of Virginias V.D.O.T. Stations. Well, the three contracts they have in this area now are Abington Jail, Duffield Jail and Haysi Jail. I was working at the Haysi jail and driving 3 hrs.' round trip and work was going along good. They made me a badge and all that good shit. Well...Tuesday the "janitors" of the jail came around and got everybody's info...Name, S.S.N. and birthday and that was it. Or, at least I thought it was until 5 o'clock came around and my boss calls me to the work trailer and just by the look on his face I could tell it was bad news. He told me that he had to fire me because the jail did a background check and I had 2 felonies and I wasn't allowed to work at the other 2 worksites either because of the same thing. I don't think that its right to be able to punish someone after the fact that they have already been punished beyond belief. I built 3 jails before this, why this one or these ones? Is it where they are located? Is it just a asshole that calls the shots himself? I would love to sue the muthafunkers but know that I'm just screwed as usual but if anybody has any info. on the situation I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks,

Luke

My son has had the same problem. Homeland security checks on employees working on state or federal, building. It's the security of the finished building.as a former const. Field engineer it's like they want boy scout to do all heavy construction. Mandatory piss tests get most.

Back
Top Bottom