Can I get a felony expunged?

artsalad

I'm 54 yrs old. I got busted in 08 for selling to a"friend" who was wearing a wire. anyway, I ended up getting a felony out of it. I was wondering if I could get my felony expunged, and how to do it.

Re: can I get a felony expunged ?

Did you get offered a plea bargain? I know when I was busted back in 98', I was offered a plea bargain that I had to meet certain requests such as fee's, drug rehab program (which was a laugh because it was all hard drug users), random drug tests and probation. But after I met all of these conditions for a 6 month period, accepted the plea bargain, my charges were all dropped.

Even If there is no expungement of a Felony in your state, you may still qualify for expungement via executive order. You must have gone for a minimum of the preceding seven (7) years with out ANY type of arrest and you will have to apply to the President for such an order. Executive Order of expungement superceeds any "State" law to the contrary. However be advised that the process can take a long time and you may have to go through a lot of hoops to get the expungement awarded. There is no guarantee as it is at the discretion of the President. Also you may still apply (through your state) to have any and all rights restored as long as you have been the min. 7 years free of any and all charges.

Yeah it doesn't appear that in Wisconsin you can get a felony expunged. Most states you can get them expunged usually after 5 years. If I were you I would check with one of the free legal consultation agencies that are in most states and see what they say. This is an example of why you need a good attorney in felony cases. With the right attorney it might have been plaea bargained down to a gross misdemeanor and then you wouldn't have your life ruined.

Back
Top Bottom