First dro grow

patmrtnscks

I have a Big Bud seedling Im growing in a 39 x 39 x 72 tent, w/ a 400w mh light Im running 24/7. Im using a bubble bucket w/ clay pebbles, and have an airstone in the bucket. With the right nutes, and proper care, how much can I look to harvest from one plant? My plan is to pull about 7 clones off of her, and then veg and flower them all together, and harvest it all. Ive read and heard that BB can yield over a Lb a plant. Any suggestions on nutes will be greatly appreciated.

when you look at what the seed companies say for indoor yield, they are normally refering to perfect conditions, under 1000 watt HPS lights.

if you were to swap your 400mh to a 400 hps come flower, you could be looking at 250 to 400 grams (rough guideline) for the whole lot.

everything plays a factor on yield..under a 400hps.. you could lst the crap out of a single plant and veg it for 8 weeks, and produce 350 grams, or you could take 20 clones, and do a sog, and produce the same amount.

so to say a certain plant will produce "X" amount.. cant really be done.

Pat

Welcome to 420magazine. You caught my attention when you said you're growing Big Bud. I have that bean but haven't germinated it yet. I hope you will start a journal on your grow because I would be interested in seeing what you're working with as far as nutes, set up, and what your plant currently looks like. As far as nutes, check out our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients. A bunch of us here uses his nutes and he is also a forum member. So, he would be willing to answer any questions you may have. Here is also a link to his site so you can see the products he has... Happy Growing...

when you look at what the seed companies say for indoor yield, they are normally refering to perfect conditions, under 1000 watt HPS lights.

if you were to swap your 400mh to a 400 hps come flower, you could be looking at 250 to 400 grams (rough guideline) for the whole lot.

everything plays a factor on yield..under a 400hps.. you could lst the crap out of a single plant and veg it for 8 weeks, and produce 350 grams, or you could take 20 clones, and do a sog, and produce the same amount.

so to say a certain plant will produce "X" amount.. cant really be done.

I am planning on swapping over to hps. Originally I wanted to use a 1000w, but my buddy who grows very sweet herb convinced me to try a 400w. Ive been looking on other forums, and there is a guy on --------- that is getting a pound plus per plant with a 400w mh/hps. With the right nutrients I think maybe I can come close, but we'll have to see, I am a newbie grower.

Pat

Welcome to 420magazine. You caught my attention when you said you're growing Big Bud. I have that bean but haven't germinated it yet. I hope you will start a journal on your grow because I would be interested in seeing what you're working with as far as nutes, set up, and what your plant currently looks like. As far as nutes, check out our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients. A bunch of us here uses his nutes and he is also a forum member. So, he would be willing to answer any questions you may have. Here is also a link to his site so you can see the products he has... Happy Growing...

Blue Planet Nutrients

Ive already started my grow journal, but I cant figure out how to upload pics. I will keep the journal updated as much as I can keep up with it. Ive got big hopes for this BB, as Ive been reading lots of good things about it. I also think it will be a good plant, as the taproot was showing 12hrs after I put it in wet paper towel, in a sandwich baggie, in a dark cabinet. Three days later the taproot was about an inch long, and thats when I put it in the rockwool. Todays the 8th day since I put it in the paper towel, and now its a 1" tall seedling.

I am planning on swapping over to hps. Originally I wanted to use a 1000w, but my buddy who grows very sweet herb convinced me to try a 400w. Ive been looking on other forums, and there is a guy on --------- that is getting a pound plus per plant with a 400w mh/hps. With the right nutrients I think maybe I can come close, but we'll have to see, I am a newbie grower.

he must me growing one at a time? casue if hes pulling a pound each off of even 2 plants under a 400 watt.. i think he's holding a world record :p or full of it.. one or the other ;) lol or perhaps giving you the wet weight. :)

there are tons of very seasoned growers that often miss the optimum 1 gram per watt. a lot depends on strain, and conditions, and personally the best i have seen in forums, or first hand has been 470 grams off a 400 W setup. and he was/is my hero. was never able to do it again however.. normally hit 390-410 before and after that one.

I think your right, it was just two plants now that Im thinking about it. But still, he got the same results, in the same amount of time with two plants instead of 4 per square foot. Either way, it gives me hope for a high yield of good buds for a newbie. Im going to use sensi grow and cal mag for this one. Once Im pulling clones I may start using connosseur and all those nutes from Advanced Nutrients. Ive heard all sorts of good things about them. Do you think a 1000w mh/hps is to big for my 39 x 39 x 72 tent? Im thinking about going big and lining the walls of the room my tent is in with mylar and using the whole closet. Its 6 x 6 x 8ft.

myself, im against mylar.. they make a "black and white poly" that works even better.

IMO thats too big of a light for the tent, but not saying its not possible. with proper venting, you could get away with it. if you use the 6x6x8, 1000 would be great..

and if you are willing to spend some extra veg time, you could with some practice, get 400 ish grams off one plant. scrog it, and watch her pile up! :)

Ok, ill check that black and white poly out. My room would be great for growing, I just need to get a successful plant going before my ol lady agrees to me ditching the tent, and using the whole room. I think I can do a wicked SOG in there, or just grow a few plants out to maturity, by just upgrading to a 8in fan and a 1000w mh/hps. Can I keep veg the mom, and SOG her clones in the same tent, and then flower them together?

Yea, I thought about that too. I need more space. I didnt want to use that stupid ass tent in the first place, but my buddy talked me into it. This is the only time Im ever gonna use that little one for a grow. I have a 3 x 5 x 79 tent also, but its to big for my closet, and thats the only space the ol lady is gonna let me have. If odor wasnt an issue, id just put it outside the tent, on the side between the wall, but idk how stank this BB is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom