Nutes, which to pick: Should follow the advice of local hydro retailer or schedule from the company?

onizuka88

hi guys
i need your advice, im going on advance nutes, i ask my local hydro shop which advance nutes is a must for blooming and the website of the compagny tell me otherwise?

local retailer told me i should be fine for my first grow
bloom
base : sensibloom a+b
advance : bigbud+candy+overdrive

on the website compagny

base sensibloom a+b
b-52
big bud
voodoo juice
overdrive

Strain - 1x trainwreck 2x m-39 1x poison skunk
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 3 Gallon
Lights - 1 x v600 viraspectra
Nutrients - sensi grow coco
Medium - perlite+grow promix
PPM - ???
PH - im not sure
RH - 50%
Room Temperature celcius 24 to 18
Solution Temperature ????
Room Square Footage - 4' x 4'
Pests - None Known

I've grown the last few tears exclusively with the Advanced Nutrients Sensi line. I use the whole line through thier Grandmaster level, (expensive but results are well worth it). Listen to Advanced, they work perfectly when used as directed. Sometimes people behind a desk think they know a "better" way to use them than the scientists that made them and the company who pays those scientists. Advanced works plain and simple. Start tweaking it and you may see issues. Used as directed I have never in many many cycles had a serious plant issue and never once looked at pH.

I've grown the last few tears exclusively with the Advanced Nutrients Sensi line. I use the whole line through thier Grandmaster level, (expensive but results are well worth it). Listen to Advanced, they work perfectly when used as directed. Sometimes people behind a desk think they know a "better" way to use them than the scientists that made them and the company who pays those scientists. Advanced works plain and simple. Start tweaking it and you may see issues. Used as directed I have never in many many cycles had a serious plant issue and never once looked at pH.
In there schedule they dont talk about any "flushes" within the week , what i was told about watering and nuts is for 2 time i feed with nutes i should do one plain water

In there schedule they dont talk about any "flushes" within the week , what i was told about watering and nuts is for 2 time i feed with nutes i should do one plain water
Nope, feed as directed. With Advanced, the only time I ever flush is the last 2 weeks of flower. If your plants require water twice per week I cut mu nute strength in half, that way with the 2 feedings per week they get all the nutes Advanced recommends for the week. Don't flush during the grow with them.

You nailed it Fanleaf. I use advanced seni line with voodoo juice, b52, bud candy, big bud and overdrive it's great stuff first grow went good with it other than a bit of tip burn. With my current grow I decided to go half strength to avoid the tip burn that was a mistake had some deficiency on my plants. Went back to recommend feed schedule and problems went away

Nope, feed as directed. With Advanced, the only time I ever flush is the last 2 weeks of flower. If your plants require water twice per week I cut mu nute strength in half, that way with the 2 feedings per week they get all the nutes Advanced recommends for the week. Don't flush during the grow with them.
wow so its need to be for the whole week a total
so lets say i have 4 plants that need 2 feed/week, those take 1L per plant each time. in week 3 of grow for 4 L they say a+b = 32 ml
to prepare my solution i would need to make a 4L with 16mL and for the next one would be another 4L with 16 mL?

so lets say i have 4 plants that need 2 feed/week, those take 1L per plant each time. in week 3 of grow for 4 L they say a+b = 32 ml
to prepare my solution i would need to make a 4L with 16mL and for the next one would be another 4L with 16 mL?

If you’re going to do 2 feedings with nutrients then yes I believe that is what @fanleaf is saying. Just use half the recommended nutrients for first feeding and the other half on your 2nd feeding. I’m using their Perfect pH line, B-52 and Cal-Mal Xtra with my current grow. So far I am liking the results I’m getting, but I do all my nutrients in one watering. For when I need to do my 2nd watering for the week I just use tap water and 2 Tbsp of Blackstrap Molasses (Sulpher Free) which I mix into boiling water first and then add to my 2G watering can, and has been working great. These are my girls 4 weeks into the grow, minus the tall girl in the back. Screwed up big time on my grow just before flowering and killed everyone but that Black Sugar plant you see(Week 17) Growing those same plants I killed (Quadline attempt) but with an additional Critical Orange Punch into the mix. I think they look healthier this time around then my first attempt with a slightly faster growth rate. Although the more spring like weather is helping my RH stay closer to the 50 mark compare to dead of winter consistent low 20’s

182F65F5-3294-40CF-985E-85CDA3F13AF7.jpeg

You got it. If your plants dry out twice per week it has always given great results to cut that nutrient amount suggested for that week in half. That way 2 waterings with 1/2 strength nutes end up getting all of the suggested nutrients for that week. Be careful with any molasses, it has a bunch of magnesium in it that can throw the calcium to magnesium ratio way off balance. A good calcium to magnesium ratio for our plants is 5 parts calcium to 1 part magnesium. If you get too much of either one it will block out the other from being able to uptake.

i just called them with the number on the bottle ,the guy took time to awnser all my questions i had, actually the suggested nutrients (exemple : lets say your at week 4*** for each 2 L of watering you should put 8 ml of each part a +b )
so you guys do 50% of the suggested amount i will try there schedule and see how it goes ill keep in mind to try 50% receipt sometime soon

@EhCndGrower
@N420
@fanleaf
thanks for all the info guys

***picture included

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190426-223421_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190426-223421_Chrome.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom