First grow attempt - LED grow cabinet

stickman

I started 4 white widow seeds for my first grow attempt. Thanks a ton to Irish Boy for his grow journals. I got a great deal on the 180W Prosource UFO LED, so even though I realize it's not the hottest shit on the market it is going to be great for my purposes. I just want to grow enough for my own personal medical supply. I have a small (24" x 24" x 48") grow cabinet and I am using Sunshine Mix #4 in medium sized pots. I am concerned about the overall height so I plan to set up a screen at about 10" below the max height I can hang my light. I will likely grow 2 plants if I get that many females.

I used the paper towel germination method and all 4 seeds cracked open. I planted them 16 days ago, so these are in early veg growth. Only 3 out of the 4 are out of the soil. If the last one doesn't come up in the next week I will give up on it and take that pot out to make more room.

When I planted the seeds I used about a 1/2 tablespoon of bone meal mixed into the top of the soil in each pot. This week I plan to used a 20-20-20 fertilizer with micronutrients at about 50% of the directed concentration.

I'm not sure if these are feminized seeds or not, is it too early to tell? The leaves also look a bit droopy / withered at times, I'm not too sure why. I moved up the light (it's at about 6-7" now) to try to make it cooler for the plants. It's usually about 25 degrees C and 75% humidity.

Any comments / feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Overall view of cabinet:

100_12384.jpg

Closer top view:

100_12374.jpg

Close up of 1 of the 2 larger plants:

100_12365.jpg

The other larger plant:

100_12355.jpg

The small plant. This one looks to be about a week behind the others:

100_12343.jpg

Another shot of one of the girls:

100_12333.jpg

An attempted close-up. I'm a terrible photographer:

100_12325.jpg

hey buddy the crop looks good. but for the droopy leaves try watering a little less. if its watered too often it builds up and weighs down the leaves

Thanks guys, I have been watering less overall, but I have also been watering in smaller amounts more frequently, which has made the leaves much more healthy looking (flat and nice green). I think I need some epsom salts but I don't know where to find them. I'm hoping to check some garden centers tomorrow. I have 2 plants (out of 4 seeds, 3 germinated) that are female and are now 6 days in flowering. You can search my other thread.

Overall comments on one week of flowering is buds are still extremely small. Not sure what normal time frames are, so I'm being patient but I am hopeful for some progress soon. I'm thinking about adding a 90 W UFO for additional lighting (currently running 180 W ProSource Jumbo UFO LED only). Any input?

So far the lights are working out well. You can check out my other thread on flowering these plants here:

Help requested to determine sex of plants

I have also started 4 new seeds in my smaller grow cabinet (2' x 2' x 4') using the 90 W LED. So far the 90 W is sufficient to get the plants growing, but they do not veg as thick as they do when using the 180 W.

The seeds are from Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds
Link: Buy Marijuana Seeds and cannabis seeds from Holland - high quality marijuana seeds (cannabis seeds)

Nice stickman, make sure you have a small fan blowing on your plants that will stiffen up the stems more !! I'm doing a couple of clones under a 288 LED there about 3 wks into flower !! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom