First Real Attempt

IMStrange2020

420 Member
Planted this from a seed 4 months ago.
It was nearly dead and the stem was deformed.
So I let it grow out sideways and groomed a spread.
Now I suppose it can grow upwards.
I'll need advice on what to trim out when the time comes.
Here are pics of the top view and a side view.

Attachments

• sidemango4_15.jpg
    sidemango4_15.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • mango4_15.jpg
    mango4_15.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
Advice... don’t trim. They are the solar panel for your plant.
If you want clones, pull them a week before you flip to 12/12, then again about 3 weeks after flip (after stretch) to get rid of anything that doesn’t look like it’ll be worth saving.
When you have a deficiency, your plant will visit those lowers for spare nutrients.
I let nature take its course and just pic the leafs up as the fall.

Advice... don’t trim. They are the solar panel for your plant.
If you want clones, pull them a week before you flip to 12/12, then again about 3 weeks after flip (after stretch) to get rid of anything that doesn’t look like it’ll be worth saving.
When you have a deficiency, your plant will visit those lowers for spare nutrients.
I let nature take its course and just pic the leafs up as the fall.
Thank you for this very informative reply.
It's very helpful.
I was wondering because every harvest video I watch has tons of yellow leaves on the plant. As if it was not groomed very carefully.
I am so OCD that I have to pick of any leaves that are at all unhealthy.
Your response has me thinking of just letting nature take it's course for the most part.
Of course, this plant would have been 5 months in veg by the time I switch to 12/12. (In about 3 weeks when I get the money for my 2nd tent.
I definitely need a tent for veg and a tent for flower so can keep a crop rotation going.
Sorry for chattering on, I just medicated :)

The reason you see the coloring of the leaves on a lot of folks plants is because they flush (starve with water only feeds) the last two weeks or so before. Organic growers don’t have to worry about it, so mostly synthetic nute growers flush.

Flushing forces the plant to use up all of the stored nutrients in the plant vs being fed, and the theory is that it makes your smoke better.

To the plants, harvest time is the end of life. It’s Fall time so you’ll see those colors regardless. I run cooler temps closer to harvest to mimic the end of the season.

Medicated myself...lol!

Back
Top Bottom