First grow questions - 4x4 tent setup

miRRo

Hi All,

I am planning to get a 4'x4'x7'~ tent (1.2mx1.2mx2m) but have some questions that I need help with. :(

I have been doing lots of research online and watching some youtube videos to learn various things but I am struggling with it because there is SO MUCH information to absorb and I want to start off simple and then learn more as quickly as possible.

The main starting questions I have are;

1. How many decent size plants can I fit in that size tent setup? Would you recommend 4-6 large ones? What size pots would you use for that amount of plants?

2. I plan on using a 600w LED and growing non auto's so I can get a decent harvest, can you recommend a good/decent 600w LED?

3. How would I sort out drainage from the pots? If it is within a tent?

4. What the simplest medium is for growing if i don't want to do it hydro?

I appreciate any advice!

Hi!

Thanks for replying, I was starting to lose hope...lol

I was planning to do 4x27L ones, with some resilient strains like blue dream etc..
As for soil, how would it compare to coco/perlite 70/30 mix? Is it easier using the soil and more forgiving? (that's what I heard)

I had a look at the Mars hydro 1200w one which looks good, I was quoted literally double the price for a 600w LED here at a local shop which was telling me they use 64bit chips and are 600w true power or something like that, is that worth paying double?

Also will one of those LED's be enough for a 4x4 tent?

Hi!

Thanks for replying, I was starting to lose hope...lol

I was planning to do 4x27L ones, with some resilient strains like blue dream etc..
As for soil, how would it compare to coco/perlite 70/30 mix? Is it easier using the soil and more forgiving? (that's what I heard)

I had a look at the Mars hydro 1200w one which looks good, I was quoted literally double the price for a 600w LED here at a local shop which was telling me they use 64bit chips and are 600w true power or something like that, is that worth paying double?

Also will one of those LED's be enough for a 4x4 tent?

No problem, we're all here to help and learn.

I've never grown in coco, only soil so I can't really answer that question but if you get a good balanced soil (i use BioBizz allmix) you can't really go wrong. I don't need to ph anything and the soil is buffered. You can get 2-5 days between watering/feeding. Coco would need feeding everyday, sometimes twice and everything is ph checked. I hear coco is like Hydro in some respects.

As for the lights, I started with a 300w led from an online growshop, it did ok. Grew some nice frost flowers. When I switched to the Mars hydro 400w my yields doubled. It's backed up by a 2 year warranty and all the help you could ask for on there own dedicated thread.

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

The results of the Mars lights speak for themselves. And yes, it should cover a 4x4 as quoted on the website. If you contact smokesara on this fine site she will give a discount for you.

Back
Top Bottom