Grow Tent Venting Questions Please Help

LDGrown

Grow Tent Venting Questions?
hey guys i am new to tent growing and have a few questions.

i have very limited space and i love growing before i use to have a whole basement set up as now things have changed in life and i have very little space to be used for growing....that being said this is the tent and lights i will be using so you guys can have a full idea of my set up to help me with my venting questions..

Tent: Gorilla Grow Tent GGT SHORTY — 2′ X 2.5′ X 4'11"

Light: MarsHdyro Reflector96 Led as of right now i am sticking with just one if the plants show need for more i will order a second.

Strain: Easy Ryder Auto Flower & White Widow Autoflower
not sure if i will have 2 plants going or 4 plants depends if i go with 3 gal pots or 5.

i want to have a passive intake system to create Neg Pressure for odor control as odor is a key factor here.

like i said i need to control the odor almost 100%

so my questions are this

1.if i use a Can-Fan S 4" 120 CFM with a Phresh Filter 4" x 8" 150 CFM will the odor be 100% controled?

2. do i need a higher rated CFM and filter?

3. What is the best optimal fan and filter set up for a tent the size i will be using?

Please all advice would be great guys!!

My grow cabinet is about that size, and I will tell you that you will never be able to 100% control the smell. Since you can't fit inside the tent, you need to have the door/flaps open to do any work on the plants... Feeding, defoliating, etc... At these times, the odor is going to get out.

I thought I had the odor under control, too, but every time I had the doors open, my fiancé could smell it for a while after I had the door closed. It's not much, and it's not for very long, but it also means not 100% odor controlled either.

My grow cabinet is about that size, and I will tell you that you will never be able to 100% control the smell. Since you can't fit inside the tent, you need to have the door/flaps open to do any work on the plants... Feeding, defoliating, etc... At these times, the odor is going to get out.

I thought I had the odor under control, too, but every time I had the doors open, my fiancé could smell it for a while after I had the door closed. It's not much, and it's not for very long, but it also means not 100% odor controlled either.

Hey thanks for reply. I know when the door it open it will leak aittle i pretty much plan to burn candles and spray stuff along with ona gel fresh sheets odor. But my my question was do yoi think the Fan and filter are the enough cdm rating for the tent and the right size?

Alright so i decided to go with a phresh filter 4" x12" 200 CFM rating with a 4" Vortex 175 CFM rated fan. please advise me if this is not the correct set up for i have'nt ordered yet

Alright so i decided to go with a phresh filter 4" x12" 200 CFM rating with a 4" Vortex 175 CFM rated fan. please advise me if this is not the correct set up for i have'nt ordered yet

Thats fine yo. That tent is small so I would also get a speed controller for your inline. You may suck in the walls. Your tent gives you 20+ cubic feet and the fan moves 175 CFM. Your moving all of the air in your space 8+ times a minute. Thats a lot of sucking for that size of tent. Get a controller so you can dial it down if you need to. You should have plenty of negative air pressure to keep the stink into the filter. In my sig I have built a room with a 4in inline and a 4 in carbon filter, and I still have some smell coming out. I am venting into my room and not outdoors. Most of what I am doing is just preliminary stuff so eventually I will be venting outside in a larger room so I am not too worried about the smell. Dunno, I might try making a home made carbon screen for my exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom