First grow - Best all in one tent setup?

dallin1992

Hi everyone I'm completely new to this with little experience; iv done a few outdoor grows and such. I have a lot of extra room and am wanting to purchase a complete grow tent setup, and am wondering whats the best bang for my buck. Iv looked at the 5x9 gorilla tent or whatever and thinking thats my best option with a hydro setup. but I'm new and eager to learn everything i can so any advice will be appreciated. i have a few questions as well.

My goals are:
16 or preferably more plants
2-4 oz per plant

My questions are:
Led or hps/mh?
hydro or soil
veg room and flower room or one?
And also whats the best setup for me i would like a complete package to order just because its my first time and want to learn without having to shop around looking like a moron.

Thanks

1. Do your research and build a grow tent exactly how you want, ditch the all in one units.
2. Gorilla makes a good tent, not sure it's worth 3-4x that of an Apollo.
3. Can't help you with hydro.
4. That's a lot of plants in not a lot of space. For 2-4 ounces per plant I would plan on using about 2-4 square feet per plant.
5. LED vs. HID? Both have their merits, but I have been surprised by some of the cheaper LEDs and what they will produce.
6. Soil vs. Hydro? Personal preference, you will have to do your research and decide what's right for your. Take a look at Doc Bud's High Brix. Simple setup for a newbie to grow great plants right off the bat.
7. Separate veg and flower allow you to run a perpetual cycle which makes sense for the average grower.

The absolute best advice I can give you is to take 3-6 months and research, follow the forums, and see what others are doing and their results. It's so easy to get the itch, run out and buy a ton of stuff, only to find out that what you bought isn't what you want once you know what you are doing.

You really don't need a lot of plants to produce a lot of buds... I prefer a few plants that give big yields... At the moment i'm running 2 coco/perlite, 2 Waterfarms..... The 2 waterfarms are looking like they may yield 8-10oz each... The coco/perlite a little less, one is kind of a runt..... Scrog is one way to go with fewer plants, and more buds.... Stop by and have a look.....

hi thanks for the input guys, I gunna just build my own tent and probably go with the 120x60 apollo tent,and do 12 plants 6 each side I'm thinking... also about the doc bud high bris iv been looking into it and am probably going to start off with that, also ill have a look dr fish into your setup too, i just don't want to get a smaller setup and regret it afterwards so may as well go big and start with fewer plants to learn on maybe?

As far as tents go you can always add another tent if need be. It will also be nice to have a separate area for veg and bloom, so think about that.

Back
Top Bottom