Two 4x8 tents + 4x4 tent setup, needing help..

bazooka

Hi everybody!

Finally I got registered in here!! Have been here everyday for some months now, till I decided thie week to start my grow. I've been studying the cannabis cultivation now for several years, and have kinda builded up some knowledge about cannabis and cannabis growing, and still want to learn more about it. I have been at some farmers of a old friend of me and have done some cloning work1, as cutting them from the plant and transplant theme into the soil. But this is the first time I'm gonna do the whole thing by myself.

I´m halfway throught the book "the Cannabis Grow Bible, 2nd edition". Finding the book very useful, in addition the all info I find here on the internet. 420 have been my fav magazine the last 2/3months.. :D

I've ordered some seeds from Nirvana:
10x Northern Light #5,10x Master Kush, 10x Swiss Cheese

The seeds are of the regular type.

I am planning to plant half of the seeds to find some good mothers, which I will place in a small the small tent with the clones.

So, this is how I'm planning my grow is gonna be:
tent28.jpg
tent28.jpg

My room is 9x13 feet, giving me the room for this setup that I'm planning to do:

Two 4x8 tents, for flowering with 4 weeks interval, (consider the flower time is about 8 weeks for my seeds), so I can harvest every 4th week. In other words, im doing a double grow but with 4weeks offset on the tents.

And one 4x4 tent to keep the mothers and the clones.

I am working on with the carbon filters, but I think I got to have the room setup first before I can order the right equipment. I haven't ordered tents or lamps yet.

When it comes to lamps I think I going to go for the Advance Diamond LED serie, I havent decided yet which one, like I said, I want to be sure with setup of the room first.

I got a old fashioned kind of window, so I can drill some holes for the fresh air, and the same for the air out.

So, my questions is:

1) Is this a good setup? Considering to the space I got here. Or should I think different about the veg. time.

This is what I have in mind; Im gonna start with planting half of mine seeds, of them I should get abou 1-3 of each strain, which will give me some mothers I can take clones from. Im will keep the mothers with the clones in the little tent(4x4), and later place theme over their respective tents as the plants grow bigger. And Im planning to send in the flower-ready plants in to their tents in "groups" by 4 weeks interval, and with the flowering time of about 8 weeks, this should let met harvest every 4th week, right?

2) Should I go for SOG or SCROG? I haven't bought the lamps yet. I have read tons of info about both SOG and SCROG, and cant decide which one would be best for, both sounds doable.

And if SOG or SCROG: How many plant do you think should be best?

Very pleased if any could help me out here.. I have decided to do this, but still it is some things like the setup/lamps/SOGorSCROG which holds me back on this project. Would be very happy if someone here could help me decrease this planning time so I can start growing my plants!!

Have these seeds in front of my, and nothing I can do yet.. ;(

Love, bazooka! :D:D

1) How are you going to put the tents side by side, together they are 12 ft, total is 13 ft, not much room, but it can still work, not knocking it by any means.

2) SOG or SCROG is strain dependent, I would see if you can research info as to what you're strains like.

1) How are you going to put the tents side by side, together they are 12 ft, total is 13 ft, not much room, but it can still work, not knocking it by any means.

I know it is little space here, but its not gonna be much other activities in this room than the growing.. Since the door is almost in the middle of the room, I was thinking I could make a little entrance, and from here, I should be able to reach all of my plants. I will also set wheels on the 4x4 tent, so I can move it around,

But the 4x4 tent, do you think it is enough for both the clones and the mothers I'm planning to grow..?

Anyone else here how could help me here with my questions???

:)

I was thinking to do SOG with 24 plants each tents..

Yeah, putting a rack in there, would give me space for double so many.

About the air, should I let in the fresh air go through all the tents and have only one output, or should or give them separately air and separately air channels??

TBH, I think the room is too crowded, with poor air circulation and no ability to get around the far reaches of the tents. You have only 1 foot of space lengthwise and that means 6" between the tents. 4x8 tents have doors on the long sides and you cant even walk in or reach in on the ends where the 4x4 tent would be. Even with led's you're going to need some cooler air circulation and as such the vents have little room to get good air in/out against the walls.

I'd seriously consider 2x 8 foot tents and a closet maybe for a couple bonsai moms and clones to start. I presume the room has a closet?

Oh hey, Welcome to 420mag!

Thanx for the welcome. I hope my with the help I can get in here I can order the right stuff and get started the growing within the months.

I'd seriously consider 2x 8 foot tents and a closet maybe for a couple bonsai moms and clones to start. I presume the room has a closet?

Okai, I think I will use a big wardrobe instead. This wardrobe is 2x9, which will be placed on the left side of the room, giving me much better space to work in the tents. Is this what you ment? Im also gonna install wheels on tents, so they can be moved around in my room. This should give me even more space to work with each tent.

And, Im think I will do hydro, after reading some about it, it seems hydro is the shit..?? Anyway, would I get much more space, or, will it be less "poor air sirculation" then?? I have seen people do sog with much more than 24 plants on a 4x8 table, but the tent the table was in, was more like a 8x12 size. Is this the space that will give the plants more fresh air?

bazooka

A 2x9 on wheels won't fit with the 2x 4x8's. take a close look. You wouldnt be able to get around the wardrobe.

Lets look at how much room you really need for 2-3 moms and room for clones. In an average 10x10 bedroom, there will be a closet. This closet on average will be 25-26 deep, 48" wide, and 7-8' tall with a shelf. You can easily grow 4 moms on the floor and use the shelf for clones. A shelf that big can handle well over 100 clones to rooting.

Obviously if you don't need that much space in reality, then it's even easier.

Now lets look at your tents. Presuming you stuck with two 4x8 tents, this gives you some room to work with. Roughly 5' one way and a foot the other. So lets say you pull the tents 1 foot out from the wall on the long side, now you have 3 feet between the two tents. As you can see, that's not a lot, but for getting to the doors, cords, outside fans, ballasts (if using hid type lights) etc is now possible.

So if this 9x13 room doesnt have a closet, is there another room the mom's and veg can be held in? Could make things simpler.

Presuming you dont have to use the 9x13 for clones or mums, lets look at the possible uses and types of grow in the tent(s).

I like your 4 & 8 week plan personally. But have you figured out where you're going to dry? If you have a separate drying area all is fine. But if you have to dry in the grow room, you will have a lopsided schedule. Plan a week after chopping down to trim, dry, clean tent and sanitize, before taking your vegging clones and putting them into a tent. But wait, if they are only clones, without a true veg period, and you want them to be a certain size, well, where are they going to veg for 3-6 weeks or whatever you want? The little 2x4 closet isnt going to veg out 8-16 plants for 3-6 weeks. But then, a 4x4 tent probably wouldnt be a lot better either.

*Don't ya just love when someone throws a wrench in the wheels?

Ok, so we need THREE grow rooms, to be able to harvest each tent every 4 weeks. See where I'm going with this?

In the end, I suggest you plan it kinda backwards, from harvest. Figure out how much you want to harvest at a time. Then decide what style of grow will fit those needs and your desires. Then figure out how big those plants need to be to get that yield. Cut the size in 1/2 or even 1/3rd (accounting for plant stretch 1st 21 days of 12/12). That's how much room you need for the veg tent. Not counting cloning room or mums.

As you can see, it can be quite involved. But you're going about it the right way by asking. Tell us more and maybe we can offer you some ideas that perk your mind.

A 2x9 on wheels won't fit with the 2x 4x8's. take a close look. You wouldnt be able to get around the wardrobe.

I was thinking install wheels on the tents, not the 2x9.

But anyway, I just got a better idea. The thing is that I can swap the room I planned in the first place to use with my bedroom. The room I planned to use is 9x13. My bedroom is 10x14, with a area of 10x2 of closets(the whole wall), which leaves me with a area of 10x12 to have my tents. My closets are 3X: 2x3,3= 2x10. I think one of them should go for the mothers and clone, and two of them for the veg. plant. With aerocloners for the clones and 2 litres soda bottles for the plants in veg. Something like this:

room215.jpg

**My closets are build up so it has a empty space over the closets by 1 foot height, (here I could make some boxes for drying the harvest??) a top shelf by 1 foot(what can I put here?), leaving me the main room with a height of 6 feet, which I can divide to three shelf by 24 inches of heigh. That would give me 2x6,6x3=39,6 sqf. if my math is correct. That should be enough for a 100 clones? If keeping in the soda bottles as the under, or?:

Come SOG with Me - 112 Plant - 2 Liter - Hempy SOG

What I want, is to do SCROG on my plants, with this table linked beneath give me enough space between the plants? And, on nirvanashop.com, where I bought my seeds, it says on all my seeds that max grow is with SOG. Does this means that I wont get nice results by doing SCROG? Im gonna plant Northern Light #5, Swiss Cheese and Master Kush. And I just ordered some super silver haze and super silver sour diesel haze aswell, anyone know how hard it is to grow these strains?? Ive read the hazes are difficult to maintain, but these are my favs, so if I could succeed growing them, it would be so awwwwwsm!!! :D:D:D

DutchPot System Hydro 2m²

Is this table best suited for SCROG or SOG?? And if its not suited for SCROG, should I get a another table for less plants, or just use less of the pots?

**And, the mothers, should I keep them i soil, as bonsai trees or should I go hydro there aswell?? For my mothers and clones, is it necessarily with LED, or is it enough with fluorenz..?

**And yeah, I just mailed with a guy from advanced led lights today, and what he recommended me was to use 3X diamons series 400 in each tent, thus 6 lamps. This will give each tent a power of 1200watt of led. It this to much, or just good for the plants??

Thanx peoples, for the replies.. I appreciate this much!!! :love::love:

Im very thankful for the response Ive got in here. I dont regret a second for the registration in here. After so long time of researching and reading I think the time to start my grow is close. With the help I can get here, I think I will be able to start my grow within this month. Just need to finish my plan of the setup, and then get these stuff ordered. I also need to learn some more about the hydro system. Just decided last week to go for hydro, so much to get updated, since I first planned to grow in soil. Any tips or recommendation for a newbie here would helped me alot!!

Thanx again.. What a lovely society!! :D:D:D

It's sometimes really hard to offer any best solution to things like this. A lot of things factor in to the equation. Your personal growing experience imho, should be the first consideration. I studied for weeks before buying anything or stating into it and I still screwed up my first grow.

Most of us also have our own favorites styles of grow so we can be somewhat biased even if we don't mean to be. As well, we may have only limited experience in specific growing methods. Example, I have only grown in deep water culture. My grows are really RDWC, but you get the point. Even though I have learned a few things following other styles such as aeroponics I really can't offer my own experience. So take advice or opinions accordingly.

Now to your gig.

I'm going to presume you're a first time grower, even though you've been to a few grows as an observer.

1. I think you should probably decide on how big/small you want the end game to be. By this I mean how big or small is each harvest?
2. Is this realistic from a 1st time out?
3. Once you have a realistic goal on harvest yield, you have to determine what styles of growing can fit that, and which of those fit your area (room), abilities, budget.
4. Budget is going to be a factor because once you determine the styles that fit above you'll need to predict cost of everything needed. Lights, fans, blowers, ducting, nutrient, atmosphere control (ac or no ac), humidity control, water temp control (can be huge importance in hydro), electrical draw, the building wiring ability to handle the draw, etc.
5. As a new grower, are you really ready to deal with 100-200 plants in 2L bottles 1st time out? This is no small task for a new grower I'm sure.
6. If you did a sog/scrog high plant count grow, think about how you're going to get to each and every plant when they are a couple feet tall and you need to take care of them. Obviously completely filling every square inch of the tent(s) could make this cumbersome at best.

My initial thoughts to start off are probably a ways from where you want to start. But with reason. You can always expand and change up as you gain experience. And possibly save lots of $$ with smaller screw ups.

1. My initial thought would be (biased mind you) one 4x8 tent only, and your closet.
2. A RDWC or flo & gro undercurrent type system, self built. They are easy to build once you fully understand them.
3. Maximum 8 plant grow (yea bigger plants), all same strain.
4. Personally for lighting in LED I would seriously consider 3x 600w GrowStealthLED A sponsor here as well. I believe 3 x 400w will not properly cover the 4 foot wide area and also you would have to keep the girls shorter.
5. If doing rdwc or flo n gro I'd plan a 1/4hp water chiller.
6. Three fans minimum to blow over the plants. Maybe 2 carbon filters for exhaust? (not sure on this one)

you get the idea.

I'd start the grow with 1 tent, and not start new seeds for a bit. Plan new seeds to go into flower at end of harvest +4 days to clean, reconfigure or adjust as needed.

THEN, maybe after that I would consider the two tents routine. I personally like the two tents in flower and a veg setup like you want. But I'd configure it a bit differently. I may get there one day, but I know I'm not quite ready for it. I'm getting close to dialed in on my process, but not quite where I want to be yet. And I do have a 2nd tent and lighting if I choose to do so.

This may not what you wanted to hear, but hopefully it gives you some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom