First Grow - Questions

breezy12

Hello - Please can someone provide some quick advice? Im new to this but really want to learn.

7 days old - first set of true leaves (Auto NL)

Coco grow - I didn't thoroughly water down the soil before I put the seedlings in, is this going to be a problem? I feel that I have watered the first few inches of the soil enough though now. When should I do my first full soak through (10 Litre airpot)

Plant Magic Nutes

Root Stimulant - the shop said add this as soon as there is a root i.e day one basically. Is this right?

Going to use their hard water veg and flower nutes plus bloombastic - not planning on using growth nutes until at least 3-4 weeks in? Its an Auto remember...

I have a bottle of their evolution spray ready - they said at the shop use it as soon as there are leaves but I think I will wait until 3 weeks to be safe?

My Main Questions are:

*If I am using tap water (very hard) my method of prep is as such:
Let water sit for atleast 48 hours then,
Add nutrients, and then Ph down - in this order OR PH down first then add nutrients then PH down again? And how long must you wait for PH down to be effective - 5-10 mins enough?
How long can my prepared mix sit in a dark cupboard if I don't want to have to mix this every day?
If I am adding nutes and the schedule says mix in Flowering nute till EC 1.5 - then I want to add say BloomBastic and another schedule says 1.5 for BloomBastic - do I make the total EC 3?

Basically I feel like my nute technique needs brushing up - as this is what I feel most unfamiliar with. I have read multiple posts on nutes but none actually state the practical method of creating a solution easily and how long it lasts for etc.

Final Question - I have a Marshydro 300w (old) at just over 18 inches. Is there any consensus as to how high this should really be? I am thinking about keeping it at a height that stops too much stretch and doesn't show sighs of stressing the seedlings... very excited!

Woohoo

Re: UK available nutrients?

Hello - Please can someone provide some quick advice? Im new to this but really want to learn.

7 days old - first set of true leaves (Auto NL)

Coco grow - I didn't thoroughly water down the soil before I put the seedlings in, is this going to be a problem? I feel that I have watered the first few inches of the soil enough though now. When should I do my first full soak through (10 Litre airpot)

Plant Magic Nutes

Root Stimulant - the shop said add this as soon as there is a root i.e day one basically. Is this right?

Going to use their hard water veg and flower nutes plus bloombastic - not planning on using growth nutes until at least 3-4 weeks in? Its an Auto remember...

I have a bottle of their evolution spray ready - they said at the shop use it as soon as there are leaves but I think I will wait until 3 weeks to be safe?

My Main Questions are:

*If I am using tap water (very hard) my method of prep is as such:
Let water sit for atleast 48 hours then,
Add nutrients, and then Ph down - in this order OR PH down first then add nutrients then PH down again? And how long must you wait for PH down to be effective - 5-10 mins enough?
How long can my prepared mix sit in a dark cupboard if I don't want to have to mix this every day?
If I am adding nutes and the schedule says mix in Flowering nute till EC 1.5 - then I want to add say BloomBastic and another schedule says 1.5 for BloomBastic - do I make the total EC 3?

Basically I feel like my nute technique needs brushing up - as this is what I feel most unfamiliar with. I have read multiple posts on nutes but none actually state the practical method of creating a solution easily and how long it lasts for etc.

Final Question - I have a Marshydro 300w (old) at just over 18 inches. Is there any consensus as to how high this should really be? I am thinking about keeping it at a height that stops too much stretch and doesn't show sighs of stressing the seedlings... very excited!

Woohoo

Welcome to :420:

The scarey first grow huh ??...... We all been there... I cant answer questions on coco... But be very careful when using nutes.... When they little its very easy to burn the ladies....
On the bittom of my sig is a link about the life cycle of autos.... I really do think it would be a good read for you... Its fairly new on here, courtesy of a top quality auto grower, a-train.... I couldnt stop reading it when i found it...

It gives a great understanding of the autos cycle...

You have found the most friendly herb site on the internet.... So many great growers, sharing the knowledge...

May your grow be a big budding success story for ya

:welcome::Namaste:

Re: UK available nutrients?

Welcome to :420:

The scarey first grow huh ??...... We all been there... I cant answer questions on coco... But be very careful when using nutes.... When they little its very easy to burn the ladies....
On the bittom of my sig is a link about the life cycle of autos.... I really do think it would be a good read for you... Its fairly new on here, courtesy of a top quality auto grower, a-train.... I couldnt stop reading it when i found it...

It gives a great understanding of the autos cycle...

You have found the most friendly herb site on the internet.... So many great growers, sharing the knowledge...

May your grow be a big budding success story for ya

:welcome::Namaste:

Thank you very much sir for your reply! I am very excited and as a quick update I have my second set of true leaves.
I started growing chilli's and tomatoes and this seemed liked a natural progression. It is a great way to learn about science and a very exciting hobby!

All the best!
Breezy

Re: Online Legit Doctor prescribtion real or not?

I would tend to be in the same mindset as you on that. If it sounds to good to be true good to be true chances are it is. I do know that the medical community in a whole has changed its views on medical MJ a lot over the last few years, IMHO about time, and I would be looking in your specific area for a doctor that others could recommend.
The main reason I am skeptical is because I believe medical advice really needs to be a personal thing, where you have an open discussion with your doctor and have a personal relationship with them.
I realize that now days, they tend to rush you in and out so quickly it is hard to get that personal relationship thing but at least it is an eye to eye discussion.
Which ever route you choose I wish you the best
OG

Back
Top Bottom