Bio Nova A+B confusion...Help

Hi all.

After many succesful grows using ionics nute range, I have now stepped into the unknown. Using Ionic Grow/Bloom simply meant pooring the nutes into water tank until my ec/ppm meter gave me the reading i required, simples.....

Now I am starting a new grow and i was donated quite alot of BioNova A+B coco from a friend who bought it but never got around to using it. My question is how can i get an accurate ppm/ec reading? It says on the bottle to first add A solution mix well then add equal measure B. simple enough but wot happens if i put too weak a solution in, how can i correct it? I normally feed at an EC base nutrient of around 1.6/1.8 with the ionics and correct ph etc accordingly. I'm very wary of the unknown and now my babies are in germination i need to understand how to use an A+B nutrient mix effectively and simply. This must sound like a silly question really because the obvious answerwould be if solution not at correct EC then just add more but I've heard that u must add the A and mix in water thoroughly then add the B. But not to then add more A againonce mixed?

Confused? Me too!

Yes that is correct you must add A to water then the same amount of B to the water. you can still check the ec of this solution and if it is to strong then add a little more water to the solution.there is nothing wrong with feeding your babys with a weak solution so you will know next time you add more of the A before prodeeding with the B.

What i found is use the same jug for mixing youll be able to guess the ec without even using your meter.

Best of luck my friend.

Yes that is correct you must add A to water then the same amount of B to the water. you can still check the ec of this solution and if it is to strong then add a little more water to the solution.there is nothing wrong with feeding your babys with a weak solution so you will know next time you add more of the A before prodeeding with the B.

What i found is use the same jug for mixing youll be able to guess the ec without even using your meter.

Best of luck my friend.

Thanks GodSpeed.

I kind of figured that was a way to do it. make it weaker and check e/c until i know what measurements to put in. I think i so used to using a 1 part base nutrient that I just confused myself at the thought of using an A+B product. I just like things to be exact.......

Thanks for ur input

Back
Top Bottom