First time Auto Grow, Kush n Cheese - Help please?

Paint

What Strain is it? Dinafem Kush N Cheese Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid Autoflowering
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Just starting to show pistils
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 33 days from seed
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? just a day or two
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro/ DWC
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 5 gal.
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 68 to 72
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Rockwool cube/ hydroton Clay
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DWC/ 5 gal./ 2 airstones in Res./ 6" net pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 12-23w CFLs (6500K), 4-62w CFLs (2700K), 300w full spectrum LED
Is it Air Cooled? Lights no/ Room yes,
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75 to 80 degrees
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.8
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? DWC
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Fox Farm Trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom) 1/4 strength along with a dose of CalMag (1 tsp per gal)
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4' X 4'

Problem? 33 days from seed the plant is growing like crazy, close to a inch a day and its just started showing its pistils but the leafs are steady turning yellow/brown and drying out. Started out from the older lower leafs and moved up, now starting to affect the newer leafs. When it first started I flushed my res, refilled with PHed water thinking it might be nute burn...no effect, still slow progression through the leafs. Thought maybe not enough nutes so I juiced the res up with 1/4 FF nutes to see if that helped...still no change, still progressing through the leafs. Thought maybe a CalMag deficiency so I added 1tsp. per gal. CalMag to the res. granted it was only 24 hours ago but there doesn't seem to be any effect, the leafs still seem to be changing color and drying out. The plant has grown over 1/2 inch in the past 8 hours just for the record....
Here is what one of the first leafs to turn looks like...
DSCN7375.JPG
DSCN73761.JPG

Please help me save my baby and thanks ahead of time! :)

Re: First time Auto Grow, Kush n Cheese...Help please?

I'd make sure you keep up with the cal/mag and double check your pH. You should start noticing it get better soon

Thanks PM!

I was going to add that after I added the CalMag the ppm was in the 580 range....too high? too low? I know that low for a photo plant but I have read that autos need less...

The thing that baffles me is the growth rate, this plant is actually growing close to an inch a day, I tried moving the lights closer to the top of the plant but that doesn't slow it down any, just seems to stress the top of the plant a little but it keeps growing up. It seems to work best at about 10 inches above the top but Im moving the light every morning now! I have about 5 more feet of room height to deal with so hopefully it will be ok...

She is getting very close to 18 inches high now and between 4 and 5 weeks old, time to begin flowering I hope! LOL

I take it that the CalMag is the reason for the continuing drop in the PH? Its been dropping ever since I added it. Im checking it every couple of hours and it has been dropping about 0.1 per hour so far....I keep bumping it back up to 5.8/5.9.

Another day, another inch and a half taller! Looks like the leaf problem might be slowing down a bit and she has started showing pistils just about from top to bottom at just about every node. PH has stabilized at 5.8 for now, lets see how it does...Thanks!

Thanks RM! She is doing alot better, the leaf problem seems to be under control for now. As of this morning she is over 21 inchs tall and looking alot better, it looks like the CalMag did the trick! Ive got the PPM at about 520 and the PH actually went up over night to 6.0 which is a change because it had been falling for the last day or so....Thanks for the imput and all the help, I will keep checking back to let you know the progress...

Here is a little update....43 days from sprouting, she is over 45 inches tall now, growing about 3 inches or so a day!
DSCN74941.JPG
DSCN74931.JPG
DSCN7487.JPG
DSCN74861.JPG
DSCN7484.JPG
DSCN74911.JPG

oh yeah...600 ppm seems to be a little too much for her, just flushed her and dropped her back to the 450 range with less "N" to see if that helps with the claw leafs....

Back
Top Bottom