Help please: rusty spots, leaves curling up - with pics

BaconWake

Hey folks. First grow. The babies are not happy.

What Strain is it? BLUE DREAM AUTO; CRITICAL DIESEL AUTO
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? HYBRID
How Many Plants? 2 BDA; 1CDA
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? VEG
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? BDA 4 WKS FROM SEED; CDA 4.5 WEEKS FROM SEED
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? IN
Soil or Hydro? HYDRO
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 5 GAL
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 65 TO 71 F
If Hydro, what type of Medium? STARTED ROOT RIOT, NOW CLAY PEBBLES
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DWC
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 125 w CFL x3 (6 in. AWAY); 1 700w MARS LED (24 in. AWAY)
Is it Air Cooled? NO
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 65 to 77 F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.75 to 5.85 (AIM FOR 5.8)
Any Pests? NONE THAT IVE SEEN
How Often are you Watering? CHANGE RES ONCE A WEEK; LAST ON WED
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? BLUE PLANET NUTES; BDA @ 730 ppm; CDA @ 780 ppm
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x4

OK. Some of the leaves have been getting rusty brown colored spots, tips curl up, tissue becomes dry and brittle. I had some ph issues a few weeks ago (too low) but that has been corrected for some time now. Also had trouble with my air pump a few weeks ago, at which time the plants were pretty much drowning. That's been corrected and they no longer are sagging). They were looking great last week. Is this a deficiency? Is it nute burn? I use a mix of filtered water and store bought distiller which comes to about 100 ppm before nutes (RO filters come tomorrow). Yesterday I sprayed foliage sprayed with distilled, calmag, and seaweed schmutz, but whatever the problem is it's still progressing. It's also much worse on the Blue Dream Autos.

Let me know if there's any other info you could use. Thanks for the help.

image21038.jpg

Also, the white specks on the bucket lid are from my humidifier. Will be using RO water in it starting tomorrow, so no more dust.

That my friend, is a Calcium deficiency. It is common to supplement Cal/Mag with LED's as they somehow cause the plant to use more of it than under different lighting. Do you have a Cal/Mag supplement such as Cali-Magic or Cal-Mag Plus? If not, pick some up as soon a s possible and start supplementing at 1/2 strength and move up from there if the spots continue to get worse. Growth that is already affected will not change back to green though.

plant105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom