First time grow advice needed please

jbegsi2007

Hi all my names john and im new to all this so please be nice. well here goes a friend of mine lost four of his fingers in an industrial accident 2 years ago and suffers with really bad nerve pains in his hand and finds that smoking cannabis helps with the pain and the depression he has from his terrible accident.(from the uk so no medical cert over here) basically he wants to grow his own as he does not want to be meeting up with the dodgy people who tend to rip him off.so he came to me and asked for my help and said he can provide the grow room if i can provide the equipment needed and we would split what we grow(which i said yes so i also don't get ripped off by some off these dodgy money grabbing dealers) and so began my research which brought me to here.

So now that i have got that out of the way i shall explain what i will be working with. i have 2 closets the bigger one is 3ft x 7ft x 8ft H which will be used for flowering and a room 3ft x 3 ft x 4ft H which will be used for veg. i am looking to buy a 400w hps for the flowering room.and was looking to make a carbon filter for the extraction but when running this by my friend he does not want to make A hole in the walls for the extraction.i am looking to grow in soil.

THIS IS WHAT I AM THINKING OF GOING WITH.

painting the walls flat white
400w hps
12" table fan
plagron light mix soil
thermostat
ph meter
nutes (not wure which nutes yet)
QUESTIONS

1.What would be the best set up for this size grow room? (3ft x 7 ft x 8ft H)

2.will 400W hps be ok or will it be to hot with out extraction or shall i try harder to get him to get an extraction fan put in?

3.will plagron light mix be ok for veg and flowering if i add nutes for flower?

4.if plagron light mix is ok for both stages what nutes would you recommend for flowering?

5.What light do you suggest for the veg room?

6.How many plants do you suggest for a room this size?

sorry if what i am asking is just plain stupid but i just want to be sure before i go ahead, im not looking to be spoon fed i have done research and going to do a lot more but was wondering on other peoples thoughts on my exact grow size.all the help will be highly appreciated and would like to say thanks for any help in advance and thanks for taking the time out to read this.(sorry it was so long

thanks BEGSI)

A 400 watt hid won't cover a 3x7 area. Two of them would do it. You will need an exaust fan.
You probably won't be able veg enough plants in the 3x3 to fill the 3x7 space.

If this is just for personal supply a 400 watt light will produce more than enough in a 3x3 space.
I grow in a 4x4 tent with a 400 watt cmh. Two crops a year and I end up giving some away.

How many you grow depends on you. You could do hempy and have a plant for every square foot,
or you could do one or two large plants.

^^^
What he said.

A few t5s, some cool white cfls, or a couple 400watt HID lights would cover your veg. I'm not familiar w/ that brand of soil, just try to avoid anything w/ time released nutrients. You basically need the same nutes for flowering that you do for veg--N-P-K plus Cal-Mag and some other minerals and micro-nutrients. Go Nitrogen heavy during veg and then potassium and phosphorus take the lead for flowering. It's hard to tell you what to buy as there are so many options. Some people buy raw ingredients and make their own teas and others rely more on the big brand names like Fox Farms, Botanicare, and AN, all of which provide some kind of recommended "feeding chart." It's entirely up to you based on your needs.

I'm not good w/ the brand names across the pond but Blue Planet Nutrients boasts some mighty fine ingredients that take much of the thinking out of the equation for beginners and old timers alike--I'm going to try out their products very soon. The customer service is beyond great.

Lastly, this site has a plethora of information and chances are any question that comes to mind has been asked and is currently posted here somewhere. Here's a link that saved my sanity on a few occasions.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Back
Top Bottom