First time grow advice needed

Stormy111

Greetings all, long time reader first time poster..
After a lot of research I've finally decided to grow my own and start a little hobby.
I have done a lot of reading and have most of my grow worked out aside from which method to use, 12/12 from seed or a split level with 18/6 for veg and then switching 12/12 for flowering.
I have an old fridge which I have gutted and the measurements are 18.5"x23"x55" (LxWxH).
I also have a 147W LED with specs at "RED 630nm ,Blue 460nm, 49 X 3W (39 Red and 10 Blue)" (Won't use CFL to light the house due to mercury etc and sure wont use them to grow for the same reason).
I figure a 4" intake and exhaust fan at opposite ends of the fridge with a carbon filter with take care of the smell and constant ventilation, I have taken the motor out of the fridge and already have a power board and times wired and bolted down ready to go.
I'll be growing in pots/soil.

All I really need to know is what I should start with... do I grab another LED for a split level setup (does my height available allow for this?) or do I just start 12/12 from seed with single level? I have 8 seeds from a mixed bag I purchased so I can grow and flower then select the one I want for cloning (hoping I have something worth cloning).
My aim is to be continually harvesting or harvesting as often as possible.

Back
Top Bottom