Noob needs advice

Speyedr

Been lurking for a bit and decided to take the plunge and ask for some advice.

I will be growing in a small area and stealth is THE top priority. I am building out the space using sound proofing and dampening techniques. I've also purchased a UV purifier and a carbon filter.

The grow area is approx. 6sqft, however the height is only 44" max., probably a little less once the build out is complete. I will be growing in a Deep Water Culture system (already purchased) which is approx. 12.5" tall. That leaves approx. 31.5" (80cm) for lights and growth. I am contemplating two possible grow methodologies to follow, SCROG or the 12/12 method of growing from seeds (which I already have, feminized).

I would prefer to try the 12/12 method since it requires less equipment and less maintenance and the time to harvest is decreased. My concern however is the lighting. I am considering either a 250W or a 400W switchable with a cooling system and lens. I understand that this will allow the lights to be hung closer to the plants however I have read in the 12/12 method thread that growth heights of up to 100cm (40in) can be reached and that just won't do. Don't want any burnt colas unless they are dried, cured and in my bowl!:smokin:

With SCROG I assume that I can more efficiently utilize the space I have by going horizontal, increasing the number (and reducing the size) of the buds.

So after rambling on, I guess my questions are which lights and which methodology given the equipment and space I have.

Any and all help is welcome and greatly appreciated.

did you ever think to LST, you can keep a plant as low to the ground as you want using that method iv seen pics of plants 3 ft LONG rather then tall and only make it about 12'' in to the air..... could be a possibility
as far as lighting gos even with cooling it might get really hot in there if your going that rout i would say use the 250watt but in my space wich is 40'' max hgt, i use CFL's and its coming along just lovely

LST and or SCrog are best for controlling height. You should stay with 100% indica strains as they stay short through flower.

I think heat management will be an issue with 400 watt light in that small space. If you can keep the main room very cool it will help. If doing DWC/Deep Water Culture heat in the space can cause problems. you want to keep the reservoir temp under 70 for optimal o2 retention and less risk of making root soup.

Back
Top Bottom