First Time Grow - Confused

benigndmd

Hi Everyone.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Growing is legal now in DC, so I thought I'd give it a whirl on my balcony. I have 4 plants that have made it to the flowering stage, 2 Northern Lights and 2 Master Kush.

I lost a plant to the main stem snapping in half from a string I had tied for support and recently lost another to what I think was root rot.

I have been doing the finger method to watering which at this stage has meant watering every other day, about 25oz of water. This is also how long it takes before my plants get really saggy.

Foxfarm nutes, giving about 10cc in a close to a gallon of water of tiger bloom and 10cc og big bloom once a week. My plants started flowering about 2 weeks ago and since then leaves have been turning brown literally over night and falling off. From other posts, I gathered this was due to a Mg deficiency. Gave 10cc of CalMag (Hydrofarm) in the feeding today. Any other thoughts on what the issue could be.

Soil grow. Thanks

IMG_35734.JPG
IMG_35749.JPG
IMG_35719.JPG
IMG_35725.JPG

Welcome to :420:. Looks like normal dying off of the weakest leaves that don't get enough light. Also the lack of nitrogen will cause the leaves to turn yellow during flower. Good luck. Girls like cal/mag throughout whole cycle.

Just a guess...I would say because you are in soil and you feed Once a Week the plants are probably experiencing too Much food to handle.. if you look at the veins on the leaf and follow them to the Tips or edges they would appear white If it was nutrient Burn.. I'm Definately no expert but Id say give them water for a week...and as a general rule in flowering you can let them dry way out before you water again... its going to get sticky growing on your balcony controlling PH and everything and Eliminating variables... Rain water , bugs (mites gnats)... your best bet would be to flush now to make sure of no nasty levels of food ( if they go hungry at least they aren't burning from nutes) and let them dry out very well... honestly they look great for the fact they are a balcony grow! Ha good work so far. Just looks a tad over watered yo :)

I get nervous not watering when they get so damn saggy. I just gave the CalMag today, will see if they improve. Thanks for the tips so far, would love more feedback.

Back
Top Bottom