First time grow - Watering question

lewis916

Hello.
I am in the middle of my first cycle of indoor. I am on day 59 of my cycle and my strain in L.A confidential.. I have them under 4 1000 watt hps , in 7 gallon buckets. During the veg and first month of bloom i was giving each plant 3 litters of water every other day..
now that i am on the last month im trying to get the buds to harden up..
should i keep on the same water schedule ?
or
go with less water every day to give more nutrients to the plants??

my room is staying around 73-76 with the lights off and about 78-80 with lights on.

any help would be amazing..

thank you

i would add photos but i cant figure out how to add any =[ sorryyyyy

IMG_14901.JPG

View image in gallery

That looks like it's going to be a productive room! What kind of medium are they in?

thanks man. I'm going to be posting a new progress picture today.
they are in a 5 gallon ( put 7 in original post but forgot it was only 5 ) with a vermi fire soil.

they are in a 5 gallon ( put 7 in original post but forgot it was only 5 ) with a vermi fire soil.

3 liters every other day sounds about right for your plants. Keep checking every day though, they might start needing water every day later in bloom.

for sure thank you.. ya i normally check them every day trim the big over powering fan leafs off and check the water see if they are dry i add more.. but keeping the room down below 80 hasn't been making them dry out super fast.. hopefully when they start thinking up they will start using more water.

update on room..
Day 58
finally starting to see buds filling in. Having trouble keeping them standing straight up. they are starting to lean. should i put another net?
any help would be amazing

IMG_156318.JPG

Net is the way to go. You get way more support with the net than you would with bamboo sticks. Bamboo sticks are great for tomatoes...

I love looking at all these different soil products:

VermiFire doesn't follow trends, it starts them.

Analysis

1.6-1-0.6
Total Nitrogen (N) 1.6%
0.152% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.1% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.408% Other Water Soluble Nitrogen
0.94% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O2) 1%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 0.6%
Calcium (Ca) 1%

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Peat, Redwood, Compost, Alaskan Humus, Castings, Cinders, Perlite, Bat Guano, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Alfalfa Meal, Blood Meal, Kelp Meal, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Sulfate of Potash and Greensand.
Derived from: Earthworm castings, Alfalfa meal, Blood meal, Feather meal, Bone meal, Humus, Kelp meal, Sulfate of potash and greensand

Net is the way to go. You get way more support with the net than you would with bamboo sticks. Bamboo sticks are great for tomatoes...

thank you. I wasn't sure how many layers of nets to put up.. i have a bunch up lower branches that have turned into bigger colas now that don't even reach the first net..

thank you. I wasn't sure how many layers of nets to put up.. i have a bunch up lower branches that have turned into bigger colas now that don't even reach the first net..

I guess you could put up as many layers as you want. A friend of mine let his canopy grow like 3 feet past the netting and just put up another one on top, but trying to support the bottom colas under the net is going to be more complicated I think. Since the lights I use (1000W HPS) don't have very good penetration abilities, then I usually just try to stick with one net and focus on the top layer of canopy in general, but some people don't defoliate as much as I like to, and I can see how you might find it better to use two nets if you don't really want to cut all your bottom vegetation off. For me, I fill up my top canopy to the point that there is no direct light coming through.

I guess you could put up as many layers as you want. A friend of mine let his canopy grow like 3 feet past the netting and just put up another one on top, but trying to support the bottom colas under the net is going to be more complicated I think. Since the lights I use (1000W HPS) don't have very good penetration abilities, then I usually just try to stick with one net and focus on the top layer of canopy in general, but some people don't defoliate as much as I like to, and I can see how you might find it better to use two nets if you don't really want to cut all your bottom vegetation off. For me, I fill up my top canopy to the point that there is no direct light coming through.

thank you.. ya I normally like a full super nice canopy. but this being my first indoor. I had started to trim up all the big over powering fan leaf off the canopy to let light come down to the lower.. I still got rid of all the super low junk.
IMG_134023.JPG

^^ this was about 1 week before turning them to 12/12
ill try and get a better picture tomorrow of the lower level and canopy.

update on room..
found out that this strain i have in my room is only a 45-50 day strain cycle so i have about 3 days left of flush. didn't get a hard or as big as i would like them but they are starting to burn on the tips (even after couple days of fresh water ) so stay tuned for the next run.
gonna be changing a few things around

Back
Top Bottom