Watering question: first grow

newcomer

I have 2 gallon pots. I am at 10th day of flowering and I still cant understand how often i got to water and how much... My plants are 2- 2,5 ft tall. I dont have a pattern for watering them neither how much water.... The fan leaves droop a day or two after watering. And also they become yellow, so i've tought it is over watering problem but when i water them - several hours later they are much better. I have still tought that it is over watering and today i tried to pull them out of the pots and I expected to see mold or rot... or at least soggy soil, but ..... lol it was almost dried everywhere ( it was strange that the upper levels were moister.... and the plants have been wtered just 24 hours ago. I expected the soil to be wet ... and stinky, but ....not. It was almost dry. I dont know what is going on. How much water i gotta .... and how often... ???????????? I expect temps about 38- 39 deg ( maybe 105 f ) at the end of the week.. lol Its so hot in my country these days.
So I would appreciate every HELP u can give me... like always.

P.S. I water them 250-300 ml. The last time- after pulling them out i gave them 700 ml.
Any halp will be useful. Thanks in advance.:welcome:

Ok, first off it sounds like ur in soil, indoors correct? 2nd realize that 2 gal pots are small for a soil grow. During flower plants use more water, they are going to get much taller over the next few weeks. U should probably expect to water every-every other day. It greatly depends upon various environmental factors (heat, air flow. etc), strain, growing technique, among other things. One of the best ways I've found to tell if you need to water, PICK UP THE POT (with small pots, larger pots u lift one side and tilt). Lift it right after u water to feel how heavy it feels when full. Lift pot when dry so you can feel how light it is. Another way is to look at the soil on the surface, if it looks dry the check and see. If you can't tell by lifting, with clean hands, dig (with one finger) gently into the soil. If the soil is dry within 1 1/2 - 2" water. If not leave it be. Any pot ur unsure of, check it as soon as the lights come. Chances are it'll need water. Any plant that has wilted due to lack of water, don't fertilize!! Water and incorporate vitamin B1 (for stress) into water. Then water your plant, once it perks up feed it a diluted nutrient solution and strengthen the next feeding. Hope this helps.

As far as how much to water. I recommend that u water until u begin to see a flow of water coming out of drain holes, its called run-off. If you use a watering can. Perhaps you can fill it, water ur girls a little at a time until its empty, wait 15 minutes and repeat the process until u see runoff. You can do this with watering and feeding.

I expect temps about 38- 39 deg ( maybe 105 f ) at the end of the week.. lol Its so hot in my country these days.

100+F degrees is way too hot for an indoor plant. U need a good ventilation system. A good exhaust fan and somewhere to exhaust the hot, stale air to, so you can make room for the fresh air. Next U need an intake fan the bring in nice fresh air. Third I suggest a medium sized oscillating (rotating) fan trained on your plants to circulate the air through the canopy. On days u know its going to be warmer than 92 F, u may want to run yr a/c if you have one.

OK. thank u BOTH. About the heat- everything that can be done - it is( i have a small place and it at this moment I am soooooo broke). I cant afford axhaust fan. For the other stuff- everything is done.
"As far as how much to water. I recommend that u water until u begin to see a flow of water coming out of drain holes, its called run-off. If you use a watering can. Perhaps you can fill it, water ur girls a little at a time until its empty, wait 15 minutes and repeat the process until u see runoff. You can do this with watering and feeding."
I believe thet it is a great idea- just wanna ask: "watering can" : how big it gotta be. Mine is 1/2 gallon (2lts), but when i water a flow of water comes out very fast - even a small amount of water.... i dont know why... Maybe a good drainage. It is a good idea to water with smaller amounts... and 15 minutes later again. but 250 ml of water and already there is a water flow...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:thanks: oooooooo there is something more: When is the best time for watering: at the begining of the light period or ..... at the end... I have never read anything about that.

water/feed at the start of light within a couple of hrs, but any time if they are thirsty, in other words if you check early and they are ok, but you check again later and they are dry on surface of dirt and down about two inches give em water don't make em go 12+ hrs of darkness dry, not good. Listen closely to them as they grow you'll know when they need something..Great Luck.

water/feed at the start of light within a couple of hrs, but any time if they are thirsty, in other words if you check early and they are ok, but you check again later and they are dry on surface of dirt and down about two inches give em water don't make em go 12+ hrs of darkness dry, not good. Listen closely to them as they grow you'll know when they need something..Great Luck.
Very sound advice, now here's a guy who knows his cannabis. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom