Watering Tips

SaltyJustice

I planted my first baby yesteray and it is already an inch tall. All I did was lightly moisten most of the ~5 gallon pot and lightly pack the soil/peet/perlite.

Id like some tips on watering, specifically how much and how often. Also, is there a certain method that works best? Like watering around the plant or directly on it?

When is a good time to start the nutes? I bought 1-2-1. Is it good or bad to spray the plant itself with a spray bottle that has nutes in it?

I know Ive been asking a lot of questions, but there are NO places on this site or other sites that have any kind of semi detailed info on watering. People usually just say how often and even that varies a crapload.

It varies because each plant may require different amounts due to the mediums ability to retain water.
The best way to keep track of how much water each particular plant needs is to go out and purchase a cheap "moisture meter" from a gardening centre.

I know there are products out there that measure soil moisture. Are those worth a damn and if so how do you use one.

Back
Top Bottom