First Time Grow: Tent Grow, Honeybear Strain, Jack Herer x Sweet Tooth From Clone

Hello everyone,
This is my first time growing cannabis. I have had a medical card for a couple months and I am a bonsai enthusiast/grower. So making the jump to growing cannabis seemed like a natural progression for me.
I purchased "The Cannabis Grow Bible" and did research, which led me to this great resource, on line. I am starting with a clone purchased from my local dispensary called Honeybear, this is a cross between Jack Herer and Sweet Tooth. I'm growing in a 4'x4'x7' apollo tent. I have a 600 watt LED, a 240 cfm exhaust fan with a 25' x 6" ventilation line, a small clip on oscillating fan, a small space heater, a humidity/thermometer, and 2 ratcheting straps for the light which allow me to raise or lower the light with ease. I planted my clone on 2/1/17.
420-magazine-mobile431539716.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: First Time Grow - Tent Grow - Honeybear Strain - Jack Herer x Sweet Tooth From Cl

420-magazine-mobile1214013086.jpg

She's been in her new home for just over a week. I have staked each branch down and topped the apex, which I can already see has split.
On a side note, I just germinated 10 sherbert seeds. I did 5 first to make sure I didn't screw up, and once those sprouted I started the others. I want to know when it is OK to put the seedlings under lights.
420-magazine-mobile1658884339.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: First Time Grow - Tent Grow - Honeybear Strain - Jack Herer x Sweet Tooth From Cl

420-magazine-mobile959966040.jpg

Here are the most recent pics of the seedlings

HELP!!!!!
I think somethings wrong with my GSC seedlings. They seem like they're growing to long to support themselves. When is it OK to use regular veg lights? They've been growing under a humidity dome and 2 75 watt cfls. I have ever the lights right up to the dome. PLEASE any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your lights are too far away. They are stretching. Even if the light was close to her dome the dome was too far away.

CFLs really need to be close 2-4" away from the plant to be very effective.

I would repot them lower. But that's just me.

420-magazine-mobile801841976.jpg

Thanks! I finished this little veg Cabinet yesterday and they already seem happier.

That's great. I would really try and put some soil up higher on though, repot. The tallest two at least.

Get a 6" fan blowing 24/7 on those to nice and strong stems. Without a fan and good circulation they will stay skinny. Good luck!

420-magazine-mobile1360861815.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I didn't want to repot yet as the roots are super fragile I'm sure but I did add soil and a fan.

I've been topping and using LST to train everything horizontal.

420-magazine-mobile902870483.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1771597701.jpg

I just finished my new setup!!
600 watt LED on top for flower
And 4 125 watt CFLs on bottom for veg. I will eventually get a stronger light on bottom but for now this is working just fine. I repurposed an old
Greenhouse frame and shelves for the skeletal structure and screen, I clipped the wire to create 3"x3" holes, and for the outside I used some extra hardwood floor panels.

420-magazine-mobile1698696221.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1762349135.jpg
420-magazine-mobile909388216.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1482742022.jpg

So it's been awhile since my last post, mainly because I had no interest in my first few posts, but I wanted to share "Bree" my first cannabis plant. She has a few weeks to go but so far so good. I've learned a TON throughout my first grow, and will continue to do so every grow hereafter. I want to know if there's anything specific I should be doing these last 3 weeks or so. Any help is greatly appreciated.

420-magazine-mobile1300309445.jpg

The one with buds was from clone but the other 3 are the seedlings you helped me with. Thanks. All 6 made it but 3 were males so they got tossed. I made the switch on these girls on 4-4.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom