First Time Grower - Bottom leaves are yellowing and dying in vegetative stage

Maryglen55

IMG_243816.JPG
IMG_243717.JPG
IMG_243520.JPG
IMG_243418.JPG
IMG_243317.JPG

Can anyone explain what I've done wrong? plants are beginning their fourth week and all was well until the bottom leaves began yellowing. I use RAW grow - 7-4-5, which came with the hydroponic grow box I purchased.
I have two plants and both are showing the same symptoms. Ph was usually around 6.0, but when I noticed the leaves yellowing it had jumped up to 6.3. I flushed, and refilled with 5.9 ph solution.

Everything I'm reading is conflicting - too much of one nutrient, not enough of the same nutrient, multiple nutrient problems - and I'm not sure what to do next.

I have the same issue right now on my first ever grow. Your plants look way better then mine mate and we are at the same stage but i had some mess up which i hope i can recover from.

Here's an update. tips are yellowing on some leaves, I'm leaning toward a nitrogen deficiency because the yellow begins at the tips of the leaves and the veins are still green. I'd really like confirmation before I treat for a nit def. Ph is 6.0 in container.

IMG_244923.JPG
IMG_244825.JPG
IMG_244518.JPG

Well, after much research online and checking out other sites I was finally able to determine what was wrong with my plants. In this case it was a magnesium deficiency so I added a bit to the nutrient water. My plants are now looking great and growing rapidly! Even though I had no responses to my particular post I did find helpful information throughout this site and others. What finally helped was the way the leaves were curling up on the outsides.
So if you're having problems, and no one responds to your newbie post immediately to help, just keep researching and know that the answer is already out there - you just have to watch, compare, narrow down the possibilities and not react too quickly to changes.

Im very new at this and just started my first grow. Im growing sour diesel and one ak47 to test out the waters. Check out my journal im so new that i just figured out how to put that in my signature. haha! this was my baby when i started!
IMG_80894.JPG
IMG_80907.JPG

Now im at this 6 weeks later and just turned them to bloom.

image36547.jpg
image36526.jpg

Back
Top Bottom