First time grower

NaturalBrook

Couple questions.

1. What is causing the shrivelled leaves at the top? These are greenhouse grown in soil. No lack of moisture either.

420-magazine-mobile826378557.jpg

2. I know the first one is female, what about the last 2? Female prebuds or too early still to tell? I'm paranoid I'll miss a male and screw up. Lol

420-magazine-mobile637101718.jpg

420-magazine-mobile454406938.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1754696436.jpg

No idea on strains, I just planted random seeds from those I've collected over the years.

420-magazine-mobile445734691.jpg

Your first question I'm pretty sure the answer is nutrient burn or sunburn your second question yes your plant is female but considering you planted random seeds you still have to watch for hermaphrodites and then third I wanted to inform you that you have mites on your second plant

Mites?! Can you see them or tell from leaf damage?

Nutrient burn, interesting!! They are planted in compost heavy soil that has a bit of clay content so I'm amazed they grew so big/lush at all. K, so too much compost!
(No pesticides or fertilizer was used either. )

Thanks for the help!

Yes might if you blow up the second picture you can see them crawling up the stem by your finger and since you are using no pesticides and no fertilizer and I don't think you are in Blooming you can actually mix a batch of hydrogen peroxide 3% 15 mL to a gallon of water used as a foliar spray will kill them on contact breaks down to hydrogen gas water and oxygen completely harmless to your plant and to you hope this helps

Thank you! I will give them a spray.
They're just in a vegetable greenhouse with all sorts of bugs and crawlers but I want them to stay healthy!
I'm assuming they will flower when the days get short enough? Probably soon? 12 and 12 right?

Depending on where you were at it should be around the end of this month that they start to flower if not before so you have about maybe 2 weeks but the reason I referred to you about the mice is you just don't want it to become a problem they don't seem to be a problem right now which means there must be a predatory insect inside your Greenhouse keeping everything in check I seen a few other kinds of bugs that I am not familiar with what the one I do know hope all is good your plants look very good and healthy hope you have a great harvest

What is your humidity and temperature inside the greenhouse and do you have a fan in there for air circulation just curious

It's pretty dry where I am normally, but the greenhouse holds moisture pretty well. Lots of plants in there helps keep the humidity up. I don't have a hydrometer to measure it.

No fan, but the greenhouse is not closed up tight by any means. It has a screen door and vents on both ends.

Sounds like the only thing you need to worry about is the moisture level you don't want to get mold or Bud rot this could be very bad especially if you only have the one plant

K. I'll make sure I don't over water them. They are beside watermelons so that may be tricky lol.
I have 4 plants, they are pretty close together, but not too bad. I only have 3 pictured above.

If you water on the opposite side of the melons your cannabis plants will eventually move their roots and start to pull the water over as needed this will help keep from overwatering and keep them waster down

Back
Top Bottom