CatiraCatira

Hey guys, so I am new here, first time and so excited! Can you look at my plants and tell me what you think?

I have 3 "Limon" sativa plants and 2 baby plants (1 is Columbian Diesel from seed from my weedshop) (the other is Mango from seed from my weedshop).

I am seeing that my plants are a bit droopy and I also have fungus gnats (and little black dots on back of leaves once in a while) I have been using Diatomacious Earth and Mosquito Bites (tried this 2x).

I just hope I get buds so bad!

Thank you have a great long weekend everyone....

Hey guys, so I am new here, first time and so excited! Can you look at my plants and tell me what you think?

I have 3 "Limon" sativa plants and 2 baby plants (1 is Columbian Diesel from seed from my weedshop) (the other is Mango from seed from my weedshop).

I am seeing that my plants are a bit droopy and I also have fungus gnats (and little black dots on back of leaves once in a while) I have been using Diatomacious Earth and Mosquito Bites (tried this 2x).

I just hope I get buds so bad!

Thank you have a great long weekend everyone....

Looks nice. A bit stretched for an indoor grow, (assuming). It does look like over/under watering. The lower fan leaves on pic 3&4 are too droopy. Other than that it looks good. Haven't had a bug problem yet so I'm out on that. I'd say FIM it, and invest in a grow box. Insects are more attracted to wet soil on a ledge than in a controlled box. Good luck.

Can you look at my plants and tell me what you think?

I think if you open that sliding glass door, you're plants will get a minimum of 9% more light. Assuming that's a double-pane glass door, 18%.

Glass - even "clear" glass - attenuates the light slightly, around 9% on average. That won't matter greatly with the average houseplant, lol, but with cannabis... Well, the more light, the better. Especially if one is growing sativas. Indoors. With the doors/windows closed.

Other than that, that looks like the textbook definition of a low-budget grow, so "any harvest is a good harvest" is a good attitude to have, as opposed to trying to yield a great amount of bud (and being disappointed if/when that does not come to pass).

Are you able to ensure darkness when the plants become mature enough to be flowered? That is even more important than the amount of light that they receive... A plant that doesn't get much light cannot produce much bud - but a plant that does not get a proper dark cycle - and consistently throughout the flowering period - isn't going to produce any. (Unless it's an auto-flowering strain, of course.) That can be problematic when one is using the ambient light for lighting. Unless one is simply following the season, so to speak, and there is no artificial light when the sun goes down, it means that the grower must manually move the plants into a dark room - and then back out ~12 hours later - every day of the flowering period. And, for this purpose, dark means DARK. Been there, done that. Life has a way of making sure that the grower doesn't get home in time (again, every 12 hours, seven days/week) to make the switch.

Thank you SO MUCH! Yes, I will be ensuring darkness once that time comes. How do I know EXACTLY when that will be? I bought these from the pot store and the guys were NOT helpful as to tell me what week they were on. Kinda rude to me! Now I am growing from seed so I know exactly which day I have planted etc.

I love your advice, will try it all!

Lol @ "pot store."

How do I know EXACTLY when that will be?

Well, Johnny, one day you'll be walking along an otherwise shadowed glade and a golden light will appear. You'll hear angels. Then a voice--

Ohwaitaminute...

Normally, an immature cannabis plant has branches directly across from each other while a mature one produces "staggered" ones. When you see that the branches have begun to alternate, you can initiate the flowering phase by providing 12 hours of darkness per day. But I try not to rush things in that regard. It's personal choice, really. Some folks will make the switch as soon as possible (or even earlier, and wonder why things aren't happening) or even grow with a 12:12 light cycle from the beginning, for whatever reason.

Or a person might intend for a plant to become a mother. In which case, they'll leave it in the vegetative room in a bucket - or on top of the medicine cabinet under the fluorescent light fixture, in a 24-ounce red plastic Solo cup, if they're only planning on a cutting or two per month, lol, although people tend to notice - especially if you have three to five little mini-mothers all lined up in a row. (At which point, if you're legal, you can simply tell them to go pee in the street, I guess :LOL: .)

The short answer is you can switch to flowering at any time after the plant becomes (sexually) mature, and as dictated by your specific wants/needs.

Back
Top Bottom