First timer. buds looking brown

flordepiedra

First of all I wanted to thank everybody in advance. Here's my situation. My plant went into flowering I would say maybe 2 weeks ago more or less and I've notice that most of my buds are looking pretty good so far but there's a fairly large amount of them are looking in a lack of better words, dry. They are not getting white hairs or frosty and they do not look to be getting bigger. I
attached some pics I would appreciate a response.

No pics attached, need some pics to give opinion.

20130918_181519.jpg

20130918_181424.jpg

20130918_181316.jpg

20130918_181222.jpg

pics here, thank you for the fast response.

also i notice something on those specifics steams that have those nugs with time the leaves fold into themselves. i know is hard to explain without the pic but it looks like all those little edges of the leaves curl up into the center of the plant, looking kinda dry.

Your plant looks unhappy! The soil looks pretty wet. Did you water just before the pic was taken? It looks pretty wet. They are drooping with wet soil leads me to believe that you are over watering. I would remove all of the dead and dying vegetation. Let the soil dry out some before watering again. Other than that need more info. Soil makeup, what you are feeding and what schedule. Good luck!

Looks over watered, How often do you water? Does it get water from the sky ? can you transplant into a larger planter or do you have some excess grow medium you can replant ? If you pull this plant out of the current container you can gently knock away some of the drenched dirt if it doesn't fall away or just sit in the container and replace it. Other than that it looked like it had a good life previously as the bud formation looks decent for a sativa dominate strain. Once it recovers you can tell when it needs water it will look limp and a slight wilt similar to what you have now but not as unhappy.

20130918_181519.jpg
20130918_181424.jpg
20130918_181316.jpg
20130918_181222.jpg

pics here, thank you for the fast response.

Thanks for the response. I should have clarified that the pics are 2 different plants. The small one that is in the pot is having the problems you see. ( leaves looking down ) the problem with the buds is with other plants that do not look like that they look pretty normal besides the buds looking dry and black. The feeding is GH regular schedule and Bud candy and watering is i would say every 4 to 5 days checking the soil for dryness on the first couple inches.the temperatures here range from 80s to 100s now getting colder but still pretty hot. It does not get water from the sky. Let me know if more info is needed

Have you watered with straight water between feedings or always nutes?

Thanks for the response. I should have clarified that the pics are 2 different plants. The small one that is in the pot is having the problems you see. ( leaves looking down ) the problem with the buds is with other plants that do not look like that they look pretty normal besides the buds looking dry and black. The feeding is GH regular schedule and Bud candy and watering is i would say every 4 to 5 days checking the soil for dryness on the first couple inches.the temperatures here range from 80s to 100s now getting colder but still pretty hot. It does not get water from the sky. Let me know if more info is needed

I would not recommend removing dead growth as this will encourage the problem to move to new growth. I would also not recommend pulling the plant and re potting as she is flowering. And temperamental sativas hate stress.

Let's start with what we know. First off, nice big ladies you have got there. The heat may be a little high with you, is it a dry heat? What's the humidity like in your area? Are the plants exposed to a prevailing dry wind?

Might be of help if you can get a closer pic of the buds.

If it were me from what I've read and see, I'd pull the dead stuff , let the container dry out and then straight water again with 2-3 x runoff, let it dry and see if she gets better. Also if you can try re-potting her with some fresh soil / perlite.

good luck

Please keep us posted

Last time just water

The humidity level I would say around 35 to 50 depends on the day. Today is around 65 and tomorrow there's a chance of rain. I will take the dead stuff. I just want to let you know the problem is not with that plant. There are 2 different issues. Potted plants looking down leaves and getting dead. Other plants are in the ground with a lot of root space and lots of soil. Those are getting the bud problem. Thank you

4 Pics top down , which one ? I'm generalizing my response from 3# from top #2 from the bottom the pic that's posted sideways.

The humidity level I would say around 35 to 50 depends on the day. Today is around 65 and tomorrow there's a chance of rain. I will take the dead stuff. I just want to let you know the problem is not with that plant. There are 2 different issues. Potted plants looking down leaves and getting dead. Other plants are in the ground with a lot of root space and lots of soil. Those are getting the bud problem. Thank you

Sometimes you have to induce a coma to save a life , a gentle transplant can be done without shock. I do however agree with what your saying other then whats dead is dead and needs to go as it will promote other problems.

I say good day

I would not recommend removing dead growth as this will encourage the problem to move to new growth. I would also not recommend pulling the plant and re potting as she is flowering. And temperamental sativas hate stress.

Let's start with what we know. First off, nice big ladies you have got there. The heat may be a little high with you, is it a dry heat? What's the humidity like in your area? Are the plants exposed to a prevailing dry wind?

Might be of help if you can get a closer pic of the buds.

Okay so humidity is good. Removing the dead stuff may encourage it to move to the healthy growth.

So two issues here. Potted Plant first - Looks like the leaves are dying due to N deficiency, common during flowering since bloom fertilisers specifically lower nitrogen. Typically lower fan leaves will yellow, wilt, brown, die and fall off. Nothing to worry about, upper growth looks healthy. Leave the leaves to fall off then clear from around the pot.

Plant in ground more complex. I can't tell from the pics you have. Can you take a couple of clear pics of only the plant with bud problems?

Back
Top Bottom