First Timer Looking for Advice!

Shivaya

Hello fellow weedthusiasts!

This is my first post here, and I am essentially trying to check in and see how I am doing with my first grow and how I could do better.

I have 5 plants at the moment, 3 of which who I think are doing okay.

My setup: a grow tent with 2 "sun blaster" 39W, 6400K neons (pictures attached). I am using Myke's organic potting mix (with mycorrhizae).

My plants have been growing for about a month now, and I feel they aren't growing as fast as I would like them to.

My issue is that my plants are looking somewhat droopy, some of them have brown spots on the leaves, are yellowing, and have bottom leaves dying. I read somewhere on here that this could be nitrogen deficiency, so I started adding "green earth muskie fish emulsion" fertilizer (5-1-1), first at 1/4 potency a week ago, and then 1/2 laat night, and the results haven't been miraculous so far..

I would really appreciate if some of you more experienced guys could have a look at the following pictures and provide any advice that you can.

Much appreciated guys!
S

bwmJlo3.jpg

TixwxA1.jpg

tyHndR9.jpg

WPe8y3K.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using 420

are you using RO water or Tap? and what is the PH after mixing the nutes? Could be a couple things going on, nute lockout via PH, or some overwatering going on...

Diseases tend to go from the bottom up, nute burn from the top down, so looking at the little guy I am thinking either PH, or overwatering.

Spider mites will do similar things, "bottom up attack" but looking at the pics it didn't look like mites. I didn't see the evidence of them chomping on the underside of the leafs..

Hope she comes around for you.. on the next watering be sure to check the PH of the water going in.. Most Tap water starts around 7ish, Hydro loves 5.5 - 6.0 and for soil you want to be in the 6 range or so.. If you water with the PH too low or too high, it will drop/raise the PH in the soil and cause lockout.. Also look at PPM, as with the little ones they don't like much over 300 or so, and well most tap water out the faucet will have a PPM of like 300...

Hope I was able to help a little... and didn't ramble on too much lol...

This is actually alot of help because I didn't think worrying about water was "that big a deal" and never actually tested it. I am using regular tap water. I am going yo go to my local pool place and buy a PH test kit and report back. Doing the switch between my tap water and RO water can be easily done as a first step.

Regarding overwatering, I don't know if that's the case because the leaves tend to "perk up" when I water them, which leads me to believe that it's doing them good.

I definitely have no spider mites because I have delt with that before and know what they look like.

Very interesting to learn that nute burn goes top down vs disease going bottom up - I will keep that in mind.

I will wait for other responses, but in the meantime I will look at what you are suggesting - thanks alot for your help!

Cheers

Sent from my D5803 using 420

no problem brudda... I was just thinking of some of the things that got me early and often.. Chlorine and or chloramine aren't good for the soil or the plant, just ridding your water of that and solids will help allot...

I know people will say tap water works great, and it does for the most part depending where you live.. The problem with my Tap water is the high PPM and Solids.. So if I used it, then I wouldn't be able to really add nutes as if I did the PPM would go to around 800+ ppm, and anything over that like 900+ I doubt the plant would be able to really drink anything..

I love using RO, and then adding my own CAL/MAG then my other nutes.. and I can feed my babies a 6.5 or so ph feed with a ppm of 300..

When the plants are small, with small root systems is where everything can be exaggerated with concerns to water PH and PPM..

Back
Top Bottom