First Timer

from1st2last

I have a 5' x 3' grow space set up, and some Mind Bender seeds on the way... I was hoping someone could help me out on what I need before I can start my grow, as in best fans or lights and such... mostly im just trying to find a mid range priced light that i can use for one or maybe two plants at most and a secure place to buy it... thanks ahead

A growers most valuable piece of grow equipment is a book. You need to start by reading a grow book or 2. Anything by Ed Rosenthal or Jorge Cervantes is good. Check the grow guide section.

Ok, first you want to grow at least 6 plants, because 1/2 of the plants or more may be males, males = no buds.
5' x 3' = 15 sq/ft. Rule of thumb is 50 watts HPS per sq/ft. So that's 750 watts.
I suggest a 600-watt HPS with an EYE bulb upgrade. And don't fill the entire space.
Most growers keep their plants short. 15 sq/ft would be great for 10 plants.

You're gonna need flo-thru ventilation, as in an intake and exhaust fans.

Paint the walls flat white.

My suggestion: Fox Farms Ocean and Forest potting soil in 1/2 gal. containers. Add a handful of perlite to the potting soil per container.

Organic nutrients. Best (imo) but most expensive is Igauna Juice, from advancednutrients.

Veg til 15", switch to 12/12 when they exhibit alternating nodes, ditch the males as they express sex. They'll finish at 3' tall. (Btw, you didn't say how tall your space is; I hope at least 5').

But again, the most important thing is to read first.

Alright, yeah its a shower in a trailer lol but it's tiny and could probably only fit about four but its pretty tall about 8' Idk about trying six either though, i dont wanna end up with too many plants, two females at the most. Theres a vent with a small battery operated fan but I'm sure I'll need something better than that.. and thanks for the advice. Idk about a book though I'm on a tight budget, I had been reading all sorts of grow reports and tips and grow logs and such at overgrow for a few months before it shut down so hopefully it can help a bit

Back
Top Bottom