Flickering Bulb?

Hope4Growth

Ok guys i need to see if you can help me. I have just set-up my new ballast, hood and lamp. Got the Solis-tek 600/400w ballast with the growlight og reflector hood. Put in a new 600w bulb and on the 600w watt power setting it begins to flicker once it hits full power. Heres the thing, when i put it on 600w boost, 400w boost and 400w regular there is no flicker at all. It dims and brightens as expected. Any ideas? I am going to call the shop tomorrow and see what they say also. Thanks for any help.

Just found this thread searching google, and I figured I would drop my2cents into this conversation. The problem is you must use pulse start digital bulbs! If you use probe start bulbs like hortilux, ushios, cheap plantmax's, maxlumes etc. you'll experience certain failures: BULB FLICKERING, Shorter bulb life, and random miss fires! I actually just bought several Solis Tek Matrix Lcd Digital Ballast from these guys: mbferts.com, and this is where I got all my info from. FYI I too bought cheap bulbs and since learned "the hard way" that you must use pulse start bulbs.

Good news is they sell them for around $60 NEW (FYI $120 MSRP), also they were selling the Matrix's for $200(FYI $400 MSRP) NEW, but Solis Tek I guess made them raise their list prices. I recently talked to them and they said "My friends and I would have to call or email them for the prices, since they no longer can list ANY Solistek products this low on their site, or they can lose their right to sell them." Good group off people though, and in this "cut throat business" we need people like them out here, you know the people who look out for the little guys!

Red Neck

Back
Top Bottom