Flora nova qustions

barrio

Was planning on using liquid nova/grow and bloom with kool bloom was wondering should i use any other advanced nuets.free tokers of da world

OOOooh advanced nutrients. I LOOOOVE AN. They have results, forget their marketing (although that good too). Honestly, AN is the way to go. I have tried several lines and AN really produces the most and gives the most hassle free grow. All I had against them was that they were kinda strong. A 800 ppm AN solution would easily overnute quicker than 1000 ppm GH solution.

Hygrozyme. That is a beautiful product. It's enzymes and keep root rot away and keeps your plant very happy. I would HIGHLY recommend this product, esp with hydro. (You need all the root protection you can get)

Sensi Grow A B and Sensi Bloom A B bythemselves should produce good stuff. You wanna see AN in action?
Oh yeah CaliGrown's 2nd grow Casey Jones and Bubble Gum from Oaksterdam! DWC!

anyways feel free to ask questions. Advanced has many products that are unique in its own line. For stuff ilke hygrozyme, there is sensizym, multizym, and other brands. But bud blood from advanced, that is one of a kind. I don't know advanced nutes really knows what's up. Big Mike used to grow all kinds of dankies, and also AN is he only company tha actually does research on Cannabis plants in BC. so yeah.

Oh and sweet is sweet leaf. It's yeast extract, some good amino acids and other ingredients to have you bud tasting fruity as fuck. What i recommend morethan that is Bud Candy, which is sweet leaf and liq carbo load combined. So you have a source of carbs and everything that sweet leaf has to offer.

Feel free to ask anything about any product. I will tell you what it does and other financially friendly options there as well.

Thx caligrown that was some of the best info i got and it will be put to good use. Free tokers of da world

is this your 1st grow? start simple...dont play with the additives too much yet till you get comfy. I use Floranova grow and bloom and floraliciousplus grow and bloom as well as Sweet,Pihrana and Tiratula...but it took a year to get it right. start simple....

KEEP IT SIMPLE GOT IT SO DO I USE KOOL BLOOM OR NOT AND IT'S MY 2nd GROW 1st FLOWERED TO LATE CHOPED TO EARLY

Hahaha. Okay, sorry to get you all confused. He's right, it is REALLY hard to get correct. I deal with deficiencies and burns all the time. Those additives really make your nutes stronger, and not to mention some of the additives don't register on ppm meters, meaning that it isn't really electrolytic, but still thickens up your solution. Don't worry tho, generally, if something doesn't raise your ppm, it shouldn't be something that can overdose easily.

Okay, so all that crap up there is confusing, I know.
Heres the bottom line.

Stick with flora nova grow and bloom. Those are pretty good nutes. GH has it down. However, I highly recommend using just Sensi Grow A n B and Sensi Bloom A n B. Just that will give you awesome yield and plants.

A lot of nutrients I realized need another source of Calcium Magnesium. Even Humboldt Nutes has Sea Cal and Sea Mag which they recommend you run, so its probably def without it. Too expensive. Although AN is a little pricey, its pretty strong and not to mention you don't need cal mag FOR SURE so thats a plus. In my eyes AN saves me money. (not mention bigger harvest is more money too)

If you want, use kool bloom, but use it very sparingly. Notice the high ass NPK ratio? 2-45-28 i think? that will kinda be strong, so yeah. Just use as directed and always go 1/2 strength first!!

EITHER WAY! Both are fine. Try not to go 3 part. Unless you got it really down you can really screw shit up. Both are cool, but you know I like AN. my grow should speak for itself. The choice is up to you.

Don't use any more additives though. Hygrozyme, Superthrive, Floralicious Plus, I would use those. Superthrive and Floralicious Plus run for about 10 bucks a bottle each and that should last you a whole grow. hygrozyme a lil more expensive but really useful. id say a must for hydro with slightly high temps. (high high temps will cause root rot no matter what) These are hard to burn your plants with. Kool bloom its real easy so just use 1/2 strength first. You will get better flowers though.

Here's some info on the products I recommend. Heres why I tell you to get them and how they work. Sorry if this is too long. You don't have to read. Though that would be cool hahah.

Floralicious Plus
Its basically humic acid derived from leonardite, also with some seaweed, sugars, and some amino acids. The main reason why its used is for its humic acid. The new version has 15% instead of 2%, which is good. This also doesn't raise ppms very much, and is considered a nutrient additive. This is a newbie friendly additive.

Humic Acid - This has two good roles for the plant. It increases the water holding capacity of the soil, and also acts as a chemical chelator.

Chemical Chelator - A "chelate" is when an ion has a special ability to bind in certain media. In this case, these are chelated to bind with water so it doesn't precipitate. This is important so your nutrients are more easily broken down so your plants can absorb it. It's proven that a plant doesn't absorb a large portion of organic nutrients for immediate use, but rather has to break it down, which is why chemical fertilizers have more success and quicker grow rates, despite their inorganicness. (is that a word lol)

Superthrive
This is a good concentration of hormones and vitamins. It's been around for decades and its been proven to work. It's so cheap too, so why not pick it up? Also, its used with other fertilizers meaning it can't burn your plants. This is a good newbie friendly additive.

Hygrozyme
Enzymes that attack pythium (root rot) and other root problems. It'll also help resist other pests in your solution, and generally help your plants grow faster. A MUST for hydro systems that occasionally go higher temps than usual. Doesn't raise ppms, easy going on plants. Very good for reviving plants with root rot. Very newbie friendly product WHEN USED AS DIRECTED.

I forgot to mention beneficial bacteria. This is really good but just expensive, so I didn't mention it. Not also do you have to buy benies, but you also have to get sugars for them (floralicious plus would work too I guess) but you have to let tap water sit out for a day or two to get rid of the chlorine that could kill the colonies. (not as newb friendly, but only because its expensive and fragile, not because it could hurt your plants. It really can't.)

Kool Bloom
This is in a class that's called a flower hardener. You will notice a shitload of products for flowering have higher PK than N. This will make your flowers more dense and tastier, also produce more resin and such. However, its not THAT great. Honestly koolbloom is the cheapest flower hardener out there I think. I think big bud is WAYYY better. but thats not very newb friendly, but neither is koolbloom if you use it in heavy amounts.

Sorry for the long post. Hope you enjoyed!

THX CALIGROWN. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE I HAVE'NT STARTED TO GROW YET. FLORA GROW SUPER THRIVE BLUE LIGHTING MYSTICAL PLANT SPRAY FOR MAX C02 UPTAKE SOME LEFT OVER SUPERNATURAL GROW/BLOOM FROM LAST GROW WHICH IS ORGANIC. GOING TO GET THE REST NUETS ON THE 31st.SHOULD I STRAT NOW OR WAIT TILL I GET SOME OF THE THINGS YOU RECAMMEND. THX FOR ALL HELP.P.S. WAS GOING SEA OF GREEN WAS WONDREING WOULD IT WORK WITH 26% HYBRIDS MIX WIDOW WIT NOVA. FREE TOKERS OF DA WORLD

Uh, well thats up to you. Superthrive goes for 11 bucks for 4 oz, that makes about 120 gallons at 1 ml a gallon (you can use 1/2 to 3/4 ml per gallon its fine) so i could equal from 240-160 gallons. (nice for 11 bucks).

Floralicious is also very cheap and concentrated. Its 11.95 for a 4 oz bottle, which makes about 120 gallons. You can also run this at maybe 3/4 ml per gallon, it should be fine.

As for your nutes, I think you are okay for right now. In terms of foliar spray, lemme give you some tips.

Spray about 30 min or so before your lights turn off, or when they are off You want the spray to dry slowly so your plants can absorb it.

Hygrozyme its about 36 for 1 liter, and you apply about 8-10 ml per gallon, but u can go less strength in th beginning. It's pretty strong stuff s if you have root problems don't add a crapload as it will eat away your dead roots(which is a goodthing, but if you only have rotting roots, then bye bye roots).

You already have superthrive, although I recommend Hygrozyme to be run from day one. Root rot will be your biggest battle. Hygrozyme can help you with this. You can wait off floralicious until you go into flowering, thats when its most important. But I think it also helps in veg. Its only 12 bucks a bottle, so..

thx aging caligrown.by the way i did read the whole blog it was most helpful.and i think i will wait till i get what you recommend.by the way do i really need a ppm meter did not use on 1st grow had little to no problemswithout it

Well, to be honest, I am one of those dudes that like to have my stuff dialed in. You know, digits, numbers. All that. The thing is with hydro, when the water evaporates it rises by 100-150 ppm sometimes, or so the plant is minorly overdosed, the ppm changes even by 10-20 ppm and gives a lot of help treating deficiency. Not to mention accuracy.

I use ppm as a sign of what I should do with my plants (top off water, add nutes etc.) Of course I always look at the plant first. Numbers are nothing without response. But, it helps. I just think, shoot, $20 bucks shipped is not really too bad. If you say you didn't use it and din't have much problems, you could stick with your set up. I just recommend it. The way I see anything for my grow is...if I buy this, will it increase my yield? In my eyes, yes, because with this pen I can have everything dialed in to perfection to grow some nice buds. So for sure I can make more money as well. In that case, I buy it.

Oh i didnt answer your previous question, sorry bout that but, for your SEA of GREEN. Here are the pros and cons for you to consider

Pros
-Great light distribution
-Bushy ass plants, very good use of space
-Better overall crop as they get as much light as they need evenly, which is the closest to natural sunlight.
-Usually you get a nice increase in yield.

Cons
-Could be a pain to set up
-Could make things very complicated if you want to move your plants, rotate them or have to move them out of their position.
-When flowering and such, the plants grow through the net sometimes, and thus you cannot take it off without cutting your plant's major stem. In this case, you sacrifice mobility and comfort.
-Temps must be better controlled, the bushiness makes it harder for you to cool your plants as well. The temp difference can be huge from the top of the plant and bottom as the sea of green tends to make very thick canopy.
-During harvest, it'll be hard to pull the buds out without having them in their "pristine condition".

I'm not sure if it affects yield. Im thinking maybe the stress from all that maybe gives more yield but less potency? but I could be wrong. Even amounts of light is always good so yeah.

You can probably hold off on all that stuff, so no biggie. But without hygrozyme, make sure you keep your temp 77 and below and your reservoir about 69 or so. This is really important, esp during late flower when u can get blossom end problems.

Um, I thnk thats it. Ask away if you have any more questions

Once aging for all knowledge and help it will be put to good use and if run into any i'll drop you a line.BY THE WAY ALL I HAVE FOR LIGHTING IS A 250H.P.S. THEY SAY I COULD USE THAT FOR VEG OR SHOULD I GET THE HALIOD. Free tokers of da world

Oops I meant I'm not sure if it affects potency. It FOR SURE increases yield. Hahah. As for the lighting...heres my thoughts

250 W is fine it all depends on your space. Usually, a 1000 W covers a 4 x 4 or 16 sq ft at 62.5 W per sq ft. This is the minimum. You shold try to have your area at about 4 sq feet or less. I run a 400 in a 2 1/2 by 3 and its fine, you've seen it. As long as the light is close and it doesn't disperse a lot and is concentrated with mylar or other similar reflecting material.

About lighting...

Do you know about the inverse square law? This is the law where artificial lighting loses its intensity by the inverse square. Okay yeah yeah too much math let me explain.

At 1 ft, the light gets 1/1 so 100%. (ideally)
At 2 ft, the light gets 1/4 so 25%.
At 3 ft, the light gets 1/9, so about 11%. See how it works? 1 over the square of the distance. 1/x2 is the equation.

So keep it as close as you can. The only light that this doesn't apply to? Sunlight. Sorry dude.

I think its fine. Ed Rosenthal (Yes the master of buds) says to use HPS all the way through. He has a good point. Did you know HPS is much more efficient and produces less heat than MH? As much as people say MH is better, I think the additional lumens from the HPS is much more worth it.

In fact. 36000 lumens for 400W MH. 55000 for 400W HPS. Yeah, the 20000 additional lumens beats having "the proper spectrum." I think he said something about the light spectrum being better with HPS too because it doesn't have as much UV B light, which the plants don't need until the last week. he said run MH last week of flower as you flush to give UVB and harden flowers. he said this will increase potency.

I think with a 250 you should run HPS all the way through as you need all the lumens you can get.

Ask away if you got any other ?'s.

I'm with the others on this - Advanced Nutrients is the better choice. Flora Nova isn't sewage but it's just not the same category.

Lots of people do fine with the Flora Nova but it just never really impressed me.

Like the others say, its all right. It will keep your plant alive, but you won't get anything spectacular. Trust me, you want dripping with resin, go AN. You won't regret or go back. just go easy on the nutes. Strong stuff.

OH and key tip. If you are using or planning on using Overdrive, that makes your plants HUNGRY so make sure you give them some extra food.

Back
Top Bottom