FloraKleen For Final Flush

aakochev

420 Member
Hey all!

Quick question cause I have heard different techniques, number of days and amount to use.

What would you recommend for a final flush as far as the 3 points I listed above?

Been running GH grow, bloom, floralious and terpinator all at different times of plant cycle. Into week 16 total. About to flush.

As far as the instructions on the FloraKleen bottle. It says 2 tsps 1-2 days prior to harvest.

Interested in hearing some opinions on this topic. CHEERS!

At some point near the end, many of us switch from giving nutes and enhancements to just nothing but water so that the plants begin to use up all of the stored nutrients and begin preparing for the end of the growing season. For me the point of this very important flush was always right before the start of the final budswell, in the last 2 weeks. My reasoning is that the buds swell at the end because they are trying to put on that last bit of weight and finish out the seed/bud development, and to do that the plants need massive amounts of water, indeed more than ever before. To make this massive uptake more possible, it is my belief that there is great benefit from flushing out the salts in the soil that block water uptake immediately prior to this, and then give water only from that point on. Frankly, I don't see a lot of point of flushing only 1-2 days before harvest, and many will tell you that this flush at the very end has very little benefit.
Regarding amount... a flush is not watering with only water. A flush is also not watering to 10 or 20% runoff. A proper flush is running 3x the container size in water, through that soil. My technique... carry the plant into the bathtub and run the water through it in there.

the 1-2tsp/gallon is for hydro. I just did it and will see the results soon. I just flipped to RO water only and filled up/drained twice to get any little junk out then filled all the way with RO. Left that in for a day and flushed and filled with fresh ro water and the florakleen. Planning on harvesting tomorrow night or Saturday morning. When I checked em this morning they were still lookin good. It drank a ton of the plain water so it's definitely pulling it up and thru the plants. With DWC and it sitting in the nutes like that a short flush to clear that out can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom